No announcement yet.

The Walking Dead (TV series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I felt compelled to google that the next day but couldn't really find an explanation for his reaction. Best I could find is that seeing the twins could have rattled him as it's two kids he knows are now dead it and it might have been a little too close to reminding him of the two girls from S4.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
      I don't share any of your opinions, I still enjoy nearly every episode.
      I think I (and most) expect greatness each and every episode, which the show can't live up to of course.

Won't post views on today's episode until more of you have seen it, but in relation to the next episode (not a spoiler) ...

As always, the clip from the next episode makes it look great which again raises expectation

Comment

For me, it's not that I expect greatness, it's that the show often does so little with its premise. When they make an effort they can really exceed but there's a massive amount of padding for a short season show. Part of that I feel is the network which has shown a keenness to keep the show running as long as they can (even if it got to Season 20 etc) which leaves the writers unwilling to commit to anything major in case it writes them into a corner. They'd benefit massively from reducing the cast down to a much smaller number and giving the ones they have much more breathing room to develop, thereby also avoiding having to constantly split them into groups leaving characters 'floating' for 2-3 eps till we get back to them. I don't think it's a coincidence that the best characters are the ones that have been in it since the start either.

It just needs to be more focused for me, at the moment in particular it feels aimless. Like the writers suddenly decided they need to be on the road (correctly) but don't know what to do with that scenario so instead we're getting the same old shtickt to pad out until likely another 'action finale'

Comment

I enjoy it

Some episodes are stronger than others but I've also never read the graphic novels so can't compare against it but the TV is consistently entertaining for me

Z nation on the other hand is a steaming pile of poo, cheap as it is awful - I would welcome another zombie TV show on a par with walking dead

I haven't got around to watching the later episode yet

Comment

iZombie starts in a few weeks, could be great could be poop

That other new reality Zombie show that started on BBC3 last weekend was awful, I managed ten minutes before turning off.

Z Nation got better Jason, believe a second season is being made also.

Comment

Syifi bring any old poop to the TV

Half their stuff is great and the other half is terrible

I watched 8 episodes, so I did try but it could only get better being honest plus I rarely give up on television shows and normally at least watch a season before deciding to to renew my eyes for a second season

Just couldn't bare any more of it - the worst part was the guy in the bunker trying to get 'the cure' across America, if he got killed then it's instantly better

There are other zombie style shows that are watchable like the two seasons of in the flesh (bbc)

Looks like I zombie is a 22 minuter and looks more comedy than action (trailer on imdb)
              Last edited by buster_broon; 17-02-2015, 15:48.

Comment

Again didn't think much of last night's episode, yet again, always looking forward to some action if the next episode which is made to look great from the teaser at the end of the episode.

Comment

Penultimate episode of the season tonight, feels like they've spent the last month leading up to a end of season cliff hanger.

Comment

Just watched it now, just feels like the same tired scenario being retread again and again. Had to be the least exciting and promising season penultimate set up they've done yet. The way things have been left makes the finale feel like it's going to be really predictable too so I'm hoping it mixes things up.

If I'm being honest, it's time that they got the group out of Georgia, kept on the road moving into unfamiliar territory, prune the group size and... dare I say it, I'd kill off Rick. I think the loss of such an obvious leader five seasons in would properly mix things up and the character is a largely a shadow of what he once was.

Comment

Yeah watching this show nowadays is almost like going through the motions.

Comment

He is not an obvious leader anymore though, is he? Him and Carol have gone too far, the set up in Alexandria seems to be that they are the danger, not the new strangers. I think it has been an outstanding second half of the season. I really need to stop reading this thread.

Comment

Ricks pretty much the default for them despite going off his rocker increasingly since late S3. I think his arc this year would have worked out better if he'd had a worthy rival within his own group vying to take over. Instead they've been mixed against the Alexandria crew which feels like the early prison and Gov story retread too soon so there's no tension.

I think though, as there's no real room for shock in the show anymore via spoilers etc, I'm going to try waiting Season 6 out until each half season is ready to binge watch. I've always watched this and GoT weekly to avoid spoilers and I don't think it's doing Walking Dead any favours for me. Watching several eps back to back might help me get more into it again rather than 'bite' size chunks

Comment

From what someone told me at work today the episode next week is pretty shocking. A season finale to top all previous ones apparently. Hype levels increased!

Saving for binge watching is an idea SF, I never normally have the patience with shows I love but for ones like this worth a try for sure.

Comment

It saved 24 for me back in the day as sometimes the week gap builds ideas in your head for storylines that end up being better than the ones they go with so you accept what the show covers more easily. I might try it with spinoff as a tester

Comment

I think the finale confirmed that I'm better watching this in bulk from now on so there's less build up to episodes. Didn't need to be so long and was the weakest finale they've done by quite a margin.

Who knows how they'll protect the town though, it's massive! It took Rick all day and into the night to get from the gate to a house!

Comment

Working...
                                X