No announcement yet.

The Walking Dead (TV series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever the reason thank god she doesn't do it anymore. Tough on the ear, it was.

Comment

The fourth episode finally saw an increase in viewers for the show, which you'd hope to see given what's coming. The episode hit a 2.0 rating and 4.95m viewers. Though a mark up it suggests interest in one of the shows biggest storylines isn't pulling people back.

Comment

I was watching the episode of Talking Dead that aired right after the season 7 premiere yesterday and it made me wish I could see that episode with the crowd noise(like the extra audio track for Planet Terror). That would've been brilliant.

Apparently the DVD/BR versions of the last episode(16) of season 6 with Negan's introduction have him f-ing up the place.

Might check that out

Comment

Just watched episode 4
          Not really feeling it all, can see where it's heading next week & think after that I won't worry anymore

Neil

Comment

He may have officially departed AMC’s “The Walking Dead ” series tonight, but actor Andrew Lincoln isn’t leaving behind his role of Rick Grimes just yet. THR reports that the actor will reprise the role for three big-budget, feature-length telemovies based on the franchise. Former showrunner and content chief Scott M. Gimple is currently writing […]

Spoilers in the link but the broad story is that AMC has commissioned the first three of several planned telemovies that will be focused on Rick

Comment

If I were Scott M. Gimple, I'd ensure that the filming for all three was done at the same time because they'll only be one of them otherwise.

Comment

In the wake of Andrew Lincoln’s departure from the series and the announcement yesterday of his new three-movie deal continuing his character, the remaining stars on AMC’s “The Walking Dead” have signed on for fancy new deals keeping them with the franchise. Actors Norman Reedus (Daryl) and Melissa McBride (Carol) have both signed new three-year, […]

AMC is doubling down hard on the downward trending Walking Dead. Norman Reedus and Melissa McBride have both signed three year deals to keep them with the show. The deals allow the showmakers to keep Daryl and Carol on the show, move them to a spin-off, recur them in flashbacks or kill them off and the actors get paid regardless. The network is working to keep Danai Gurira (Michonne) also.

Comment

I can’t believe that the episode just aired was also

Maggie’s

final episode.

Her arc was basically to confront Negen about Glenn then just walk away, after hanging gregory and setting in motion a mutiny against Rick she was heading in a pretty cool direction I thought, The Widow.

Ah well I’ve invested too much time in the show, it’s not like Lost where it turns out to be a complete waste of time.

Comment

I watched the first episode of season 9 when it aired, then have caught up on the last 4 episodes yesterday and tonight. Although its a little odd that we've had this smaller story arc wrap up, I appreciate that they're trying to have more developments take place during the season (the less of the deliberate padding until the inevitable exciting episode and a half leading to the mid-season break, the better).

It'll be interesting to see how things will play out from here given which characters will no longer be with the main show (at least for now). There's the risk that The Walking Dead ends up feeling like a high-budget soap with characters moving to 'Spain' only to return back to their former community years later (or when they want that nice pay cheque once more). I'll withhold judgment though and will probably wait until the next 3 episodes are available before watching those together as well.

Comment

I've still yet to catch up on these, holding off till the mid-season to mostly just see for myself how it all pans out but just from what I've read one thing I'm wondering is:

given the time jumps, how the hell are there still zombies wandering around?

Comment

I haven’t been watching it so I’m missing context but, regarding the spoiler above, is there a reason the wouldn’t be?

Comment

I've never felt that clear on where TWD stands on its zombie outbreak lore because the show spend so little time actually dealing with them.

From when the show begins it's clear that they exist in massive numbers but are decaying physically away in the months after the outbreak. Given their deterioration in the earlier seasons it's unclear how when the show starts leaping years ahead that they still exist in massive numbers given how few survivors there are to become fresh zombies. Unless I missed an explanation at some point they should die out after the human race does, not an issue before because of the timeline but now the show is getting into where numbers should be thinning

Edit - Saw this and it looks like I'd be diving into a wormhole of analysis into TWD canon

We know the zombies have a fairly simple existence, they can only perform basic functions (like walking) and only care for eating flesh. Yet in the Walking Dead series literally years are passing s...
                          Last edited by Neon Ignition; 07-11-2018, 11:59.

Comment

Also, the latest episode was always expected to cause an increase in viewers and it did. But not by much. The episode got a 2.1 rating and just over 5m live viewers

Comment

Yeah, there have been a couple of references in the comic to

older zombies rotting away and not being able to function but then they had their time jumps too and I think it hasn’t been mentioned again.

So I have no idea how it works. The one thing from a zombie system point of view that has really bugged me is that seemingly zombie blood or saliva can infect you really easily but all the main characters end up splattered in blood all the time and have no ill effects. And what about disease just from having so many corpses around? I guess no good comes from thinking too hard about it.

But because it is an in-world thing, the question of where do all the new zombies come from is very valid. There seems to be an endless supply and that just makes no sense.

Comment

I think it was stuff like that that first caused me to start wobbling with the show. When Syfy launched ZNation they basically made an absolutely rubbish zombie show but it reeled through scenarios and ideas at a fast rate so made you think to yourself why Walking Dead seemed to stuck in a loop. It's not long then that you realise the show wasn't just lacking in new ideas, it also failed to explain a lot of what was already in it.

The missus is well out of it now, I'm going to give S9 a chance given the supposed change of management and it felt like the current storyline would at the least make a suitable jumping out point (or not as it seems).

Comment

Working...
                                X