No announcement yet.

The Walking Dead (TV series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is Sara from Prison Break after all. Couldn't stand her in that and can't stand her in this. The only sore point of the series for me so far.

Comment

i was feeling the same about Lori, but having seen episode 3, she pulls it back into the character from the books.
      this one is more about the survivors and the differences between them. i think theres like 2 zombies in the whole show.
      the opening with merle dixon was great too

Comment

Really enjoyed this episode - absolutely love this series. Wish he gave that bastard a few more punches though...
        ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Stone View Post
          Really enjoyed this episode - absolutely love this series. Wish he gave that bastard a few more punches though...
          too right.
          at first i thought that guy was the father of the twins in the books, but i think hes a new one, as you dont see carols husband originally.
          i wonder if

andrea and Dale

will hook up in the tv show too?

Comment

Just DL'd it. Will watch it tmoz night so will stay off this thread till after then

Watched EP3 last night. Not too many zombie scenes which made for a good episode tbh. Good to see his slapper wife has seen the light and stopped nailing his mate.

Also

had a feeling that guy would escape who was handcuffed. didn't think he would cut his hand off tho. Christ, he had a hacksaw, he'd have been better cutting through the rusty thread on that long bolt he was attached to

Really good series so far tho. How many episodes, do we know?
            Last edited by NemesiS; 17-11-2010, 11:03.

Comment

Just watched the first one and it totally amazed me! I sat there and thought ever minute of it was brilliant.

There were some awesome shots in it like

Rick riding the horse up the freeway with all the burned out cars on the other side

and

the camera zooming back slowly with Rick in the tank and a bunch of zombies eating the horse. Poor horsey! Knew that wouldn't end well!

Like Fringe, it's defo NSFD (Not Safe For Dinner) but it's truly great!

Comment

Originally posted by NemesiS View Post
                Really good series so far tho. How many episodes, do we know?
                Think this first series is only 6 episodes long

Looking forward to see how many episodes we get in series 2.

Loving it all so far Friday's cant come quick enough.

Neil

Comment

Season 2 is a full 12 or 13 episodes.

Comment

When do the US get episode 4?

Comment

Its shown on Sunday nights in the US so it'll be available in the usual places tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post

Like Fringe, it's defo NSFD (Not Safe For Dinner) but it's truly great!
                        HA! like that phrase, and certainly true for tWD, especially the Guts episode.

im prob being a purest, comics snob here, but noticed on the wall of the walking dead acebook fanpage, people are moaning about the more drama, character lead scenes. thats beauty of the books though, its not all about zombie blasting and concentrates on how people cope with the end of the world and what they do to survive.

Comment

I'm loving this, too.

Never read the comicbook. I saw the trailers and had some reservations, but a colleague at work was a fan of the comic and reckoned it would rock and looks like he was right. Once you get over the shock of seeing Andrew Lincoln in the lead.

Comment

Episode four was great, as was episode three, two and one

Though the

last line of epiosde four

was poorly delivered! Still that whole

last section was fantastic TV. Obvious that something was about to happen but I didn't expect that much to happen

Comment

Originally posted by mr_rich View Post
                              HA! like that phrase, and certainly true for tWD, especially the Guts episode.

im prob being a purest, comics snob here, but noticed on the wall of the walking dead acebook fanpage, people are moaning about the more drama, character lead scenes. thats beauty of the books though, its not all about zombie blasting and concentrates on how people cope with the end of the world and what they do to survive.
                              I actualy kind of agree with them, dont get me wrong the show is great, but all the characters they have added have not really brought about anything new or worthwhile so far (although I havent watched episode 4 yet I admit).

I understand why those characters have been added, becuase its an hour tv show and not a 20 odd page comic book, but if anything they are all so cliched that they have just diluted the story, not made it any better.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                                I actualy kind of agree with them, dont get me wrong the show is great, but all the characters they have added have not really brought about anything new or worthwhile so far (although I havent watched episode 4 yet I admit).

I understand why those characters have been added, becuase its an hour tv show and not a 20 odd page comic book, but if anything they are all so cliched that they have just diluted the story, not made it any better.
                                yeah, know how you mean, but i think theyre building up the main characters nicely so you get to care about them. especially at the end at episode 4.
                                i didnt really like darryl at first, but i think you need an anti hero guy in there to shake things up abit. plus, not sure on the differences betwen 't-dog' and tyreese from comic to show... wished theyd kept him as the original tbh

episode 4 was perfect - great character development, a twist or 2, abit of insanity, then the big set piece at the end.

Comment

Working...
                                X