The Walking Dead (TV series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mr_rich View Post
    yeah, know how you mean, but i think theyre building up the main characters nicely so you get to care about them. especially at the end at episode 4.
    i didnt really like darryl at first, but i think you need an anti hero guy in there to shake things up abit. plus, not sure on the differences betwen 't-dog' and tyreese from comic to show... wished theyd kept him as the original tbh

episode 4 was perfect - great character development, a twist or 2, abit of insanity, then the big set piece at the end.
    I think tyreese will be on the show, he didnt come into the comic until issue 7, so he will no doubt do the same here as that will be the start of season two. He was a big character in the comic, i cant see Kirkman leaving him out of the show.

T-Dog is just some token black guy they have stuck there in the meantime, becuase, you know, every show needs one.

Comment

Another good episode in 4. I quite like the character of Marles brother after initially thinking he was a bit of a tool. He makes a good relief from the nicey nicey everyone else.

Good ending as well,

I was hoping that brids sister was gonna sit up and bite her throat out. Also reckon that Marle has probably filled the van full of zombies and driven them back to camp.

I just hope they don't ruin it by having to many rapper/homey/hoody attitude type characters.

Comment

Originally posted by NemesiS View Post
        Another good episode in 4. I quite like the character of Marles brother after initially thinking he was a bit of a tool. He makes a good relief from the nicey nicey everyone else.

Good ending as well,

I was hoping that brids sister was gonna sit up and bite her throat out. Also reckon that Marle has probably filled the van full of zombies and driven them back to camp.

I just hope they don't ruin it by having to many rapper/homey/hoody attitude type characters.
        haha, i did think of GTA san andreas when the Vatos appeared!

Comment

just wondered if anyone had seen this and just saw the thread.

watched the first 3 last night and its better than i expected, i didn't think he would find his wife and child this early in to it, thought he might have gone through more stuff to get to her.

the guy in the first episode is that him out of the gangster film snatch ?

Comment

Originally posted by wod View Post
            the guy in the first episode is that him out of the gangster film snatch ?
            Its the dude who holds a load of cards up with messages in front of Kiera Knightly telling her he loves her, blah blah blah, after she's married his mate in Love Actually. He was also in some supernatural medium type series not long back with some ugly bird who talks to dead people.

Comment

Good ending as well,

Merle didnt

drive the zombies back to camp, the camp attack is from the comic and merle isnt in the comic.

I actualy like how they are keeping everything that happens in each issue of the comic exactly the same and pretty much and just adding more plot points around that. Its exciting to see all the great things happen I know is gonna happen, depicted exactly as they should be, but its also nice to get new stuff I havent seen before.

I dont think we will see those gang guys again either so I wouldnt worry.
              Last edited by rmoxon; 23-11-2010, 15:34.

Comment

But they werent really gang/bad guys, were they? Really liked the twists in ep 4. This is a rewarding show compared to things like Lost and 24. You dont NEED to see the next episode desperately so its nice to watch at your leisure really. Its moving at a good pace and the zombie effects are still pretty good. Quite glad I've caught this one from the start, its been a while since I've bothered to watch a series weekly.

Comment

So everyone's downloading this then? (I'm not judging BTW, just that you all seem to be a week ahead of the FX channel).

Comment

I'm watching on FX.

It's such a short gap and I'm usually busy of an evening.

Sky+ means I can watch it any time over the weekend (usually when it's dark though!)

It's really fun going back to the early story again when the comic's had years of character development and events. Rick's attitude in these early stories is slowly chipped away by all the people they meet. The bigger threat is the people, not the walkers.

I quite like the redneck brother, he's pretty funny "Nice hat. Shuddup and go back to On Golden Pond".

Comment

Its the dude who holds a load of cards up with messages in front of Kiera Knightly telling her he loves her, blah blah blah, after she's married his mate in Love Actually. He was also in some supernatural medium type series not long back with some ugly bird who talks to dead people.
                      I think he meant the black guy in the house...

Comment

Yeah he looks like the guy in film, snatch that ran the pawn shop.

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
                          I think he meant the black guy in the house...
                          Ahh, lol. Yeah i know who he means now. I thought i'd seen him before. I actually thought he was the con out of prison break who has a daughter (not sucre)

Comment

He was in Jericho too, and recently in a couple of episodes of Human Target.

Wasnt in Prison Break though, that was some American guy.

Comment

When is Jim Robinson going to be in this?

He seems to be in everything!

Comment

The misses and I are loving this. It's the only TV series we've both eagerly looked forward to the next episode. I think the character progression is subtle, yet brilliantly conveyed. There's so much going on in each scene it's easy to dismiss what is actually being portrayed... I think it's wonderful how the characters are facing this apocalyptic event yet still hold onto their humanity.

Hats off to the team.
                                ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Working...
                                X