The Walking Dead (TV series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NemesiS View Post
    Another good episode in 4. I quite like the character of Marles brother after initially thinking he was a bit of a tool. He makes a good relief from the nicey nicey everyone else.

Good ending as well,

I was hoping that brids sister was gonna sit up and bite her throat out. Also reckon that Marle has probably filled the van full of zombies and driven them back to camp.

I just hope they don't ruin it by having to many rapper/homey/hoody attitude type characters.
    I got pretty caught up in towards the end. I was shouting at the TV for her to move!
    Just shows what a great episode it was. And I loved how the guys who wanted the guns turned out to be sweeties really.
    Don't look at me, I'm irrelevant.

Comment

oh my just caught the first two episodes of this...thought it was really amazing

Comment

Just saw the latest episode. This is starting to replace Jericho as my favourite US TV programme so far(yes, I think Jericho is better than Lost, even though I loved Lost).

Not a single character is anything less than compelling to me. I'm nervously waiting for a crap character to appear but so far it's been spot on.

Comment

Also watched episode 5 last night. Very good but not sure how the series is going to finish in 45 mins next week from where it ended??

Was really disappointed that the girls sister didn't bite her when she put the necklace on and also, why didn't they shoot that bloke to put him out of his misery as he surely wouldn't want to come back as a zombie. Will be interesting to see the place they have ended up with that scientist bloke out of the Truman Show. Also think Merle will make a reappearance in the final episode

Wonder if its a double episode next week to finish on?

Comment

Why do people seem to really dislike Andrea? I really like her character, and am awaiting her to really step up.

Comment

Well Andrea changes alot as the story progreesses, she became quite a bad ass in the comics with her

big facial scar

but they havent really shown any of that yet on the show.

She'll no doubt start running around shooting things alot more next season.

The stuff they have added with the CDC is pretty interesting, I can only think it wont go well though, unless of course they have decided to replace the prison with the CDC building, but I really wouldnt like that and cant actualy see it happening as its such a big part of the story.
              Last edited by rmoxon; 30-11-2010, 15:10.

Comment

Man, the ending to ep 5 was great. How sad was it for Jim? First ep 4 and then ep 5, I was really upset by the end of that mini saga. This is so well acted and perfectly balanced, they need to be making season 2 NOOOOOOWWWW!!!!

Comment

i really really hope they dont stretch the show on for to long though

have to say though from people who have read the comics could it go on for a while without losing the impact ?

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                    i really really hope they dont stretch the show on for to long though

have to say though from people who have read the comics could it go on for a while without losing the impact ?
                    The best thing about the comic is that the writer isnt afraid to go to some extream places and will do absolubtley anything to any of the characters at any time, its been going for 7 years now and is still going strong, its a story that has been constantly packed with twists and turns, trust me, some of the things that will happen will compltely take you by suprise.

As long as this sticks to the story of the comic I can see it going for many years, it could even if they do change things, but I dont see why they would take the risk of ruining it when the story they have is already so good.
                    Last edited by rmoxon; 03-12-2010, 11:50.

Comment

aaargh, spoilers Bash! ;-)

anyone else reading the graphic novel? just finished vol 13 - great stuff.

Comment

so did anyone see the last episode ?

Comment

Originally posted by mr_rich View Post
                          aaargh, spoilers Bash! ;-)

anyone else reading the graphic novel? just finished vol 13 - great stuff.
                          Its not really a spoiler as I've not really revealed what happens, its so well done and moving. I doubt anyone would have any complaints with what I've put compared to whats actually shown.

I've just finished Vol1 but I think the TV show is so much better that I doubt I'll buy any more. Just the pilot alone was so much more fleshed out with additional meat on the bones of the graphic novels.

Comment

If youve only read volume 1 of the comic then you havent even got to the "meat" of it yet.

I also disagree that the show is better, having just watched the last episode of the first season I feel they are kinda ruining the story now, its still good, but they arent doing themselfs any favours in the way they have changed things I feel.

Comment

The current plot about where they go to
                              isn't in the comics.

Do you think they've done a short season and potential final episode in case the show didn't take off?

Y'know like in the first season of 24 when Jack Bauer rescues his wife and daughter half-way through the series and then in episode 13 there's the whole "amnesia" fiasco? I think was chased by some cougars too, but it all blends into one after a while...

I've just read issue 79 of the comics and it's great, but I've a feeling 80 will be immense!

I think it's worth reading the comics and watching the show as they feel quite different.

Comment

Well you do have to think that the season was so short that the makers would have thought that they didnt have much chance of it being renewed, I think it was a shock to everyone just how popular the program has been.

Having said that it dosent feel like the end of anything so i dont know, I dont understand why they couldnt keep the core story the same as the comics though, I was originaly enjoying how it was the same story and they just added extra bits, now they seem to have turned it into somthing completely different and I dont think what they have turned it into is as good as what was already there becuase as someone whos read the comic I know all the increadable things that happen in the story, its perfect as it is in that respect and did not need changing so drasticaly, the fact that a couple of my favorite moments from the first 6 issues of the comic havent actualy happened now is saddening really, becuase i wanted to see them happen in the show.
                                Last edited by rmoxon; 06-12-2010, 16:41.

Comment

Working...
                                X