No announcement yet.

The Walking Dead (TV series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh shi1t, havent seen ep 6 yet but it isnt turning into some kind of x-files/umbrella/lost mystery conspiracy now is it?

Comment

Not really, but ep 6 is more Survivors than Walking Dead. Dont know why they didnt stick more to the comic story.

Comment

You're moany buggers! It was simply a slight detour

It was obvious that

they would only remain in the CDC for one episode - hence its revealing in ep 5, not 6

. Why people thought they would intertwine the CDC with the

prison story

I do not know. It just wouldn't have made sense. I would like to think the writers are passionate about the series themselves and wouldn't wish to jeopardize the fanbase. Perhaps a little more faith is needed (or maybe i have too much?!)?

I really enjoyed 5 and loved 6. A great way to set the scene for season 2 as they are rightfully

on the road again

. Also like the little hint towards

the pregnancy

. Nice touch that
        Last edited by Adam Stone; 07-12-2010, 06:58.
        ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Stone View Post
          You're moany buggers! It was simply a slight detour

It was obvious that

they would only remain in the CDC for one episode - hence its revealing in ep 5, not 6

. Why people thought they would intertwine the CDC with the

prison story

I do not know. It just wouldn't have made sense. I would like to think the writers are passionate about the series themselves and wouldn't wish to jeopardize the fanbase. Perhaps a little more faith is needed (or maybe i have too much?!)?

I really enjoyed 5 and loved 6. A great way to set the scene for season 2 as they are rightfully

on the road again

. Also like the little hint towards

the pregnancy

. Nice touch that
          Dont get me wrong I thought the finale was a good episode and features the best ever

explosion

anyone will probabaly ever put in a tv show at the end, BUT.....

..... They have completley ruined the impact of what should be to come in the story, the
          will no longer feel as important becuase they have already

discovered a place with warm water and stuff and got some respite from the perils of the outside world

in this episode.

I also dont like the fact that

They didnt kill shane, i really want to see Tyreese next season and i cant see it happening until shane dies becuase having 3 alpha males would be pushing it

Comment

Bah, comic spoilers mixed in with tv spoilers.

Comment

rmoxon, I agree mate on many levels. Just to quickly add my comment above was aimed more at the souls elsewhere foaming at the mouth, bless em.

I agree the importance of a certain area may now have less impact, but at the same time I felt the detour helped to create an interesting layer atop an already incredibly compelling first season. We are still quite early on in the character's development, so i think it's wise taking time to build up to those more eventful key moments. Shane being one of them. He's a great character and i'm glad we will see him in season 2
              Last edited by Adam Stone; 07-12-2010, 18:01.
              ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Just watched episode 6. Thought it was a superb ending and sets the tone nicely for the second now.

Also the problem for everyone who has read the comic is pretty much the same problem everyone has who reads books about films they then see. We have a preconceived idea of how something should be or should play out and when it doesn't we get cheesed off.

I haven't read this comic purposely since this show started so from an uninformed viewer, i think its pretty good. Also what tends to work in print seldom works on film from a viewers standpoint. But, the producers have made a very good series of this story when it could have absolutlely bombed and i can't wait for the second.

I will read the first comic book now

Comment

I don't know what to make of the last episode really.

Comment

I dont really either. I wish I didnt read the first graphic novel now as I was wanting/expecting somethings and it went completely somewhere else. No more Walking dead books for me until end of series 2.

Not sure if Im glad Shane is still alive, also would've liked that handless dude to have made an appearance by now, you just know he's gonna team up with his brother and cause meyhem, either that or his brother will have become a goody and go against him

Last edited by bash; 08-12-2010, 07:56. Reason: SPOILERS!

Comment

Originally posted by NemesiS View Post
                      Also the problem for everyone who has read the comic is pretty much the same problem everyone has who reads books about films they then see. We have a preconceived idea of how something should be or should play out and when it doesn't we get cheesed off.
                      I agree with this 100%, Nemesis!

People always complain the book is better than the film, but it's never going to be the same as their imagination has perceived it.

Loads of friends moaned about the first Harry Potter film, including a friend who couldn't get over that Hermione is not pronounced "Her-mee-oh-knee"!

I went into it fresh and loved it.

I started reading Red Dragon, but all the jumpy bits were quite obvious, so I stopped and saw the film first.

If possible, I'll see the film before the book, but in some cases, like The Walking Dead, which I've been reading for years, you've just got to go with the flow.

I'm not going to get frustrated with plot changes any more, I'm going to see the comic and telly show as the different entities that they are - 2 different forms of media telling their version of a single story.

Robert Kirkman recently was interviewed by SFX and asked how to make people jump in a comic and he said to put the scare on the left-hand page so that they see it as they turn the page. In the same way, TV shows need different methods to thrill existing viewers and draw in new ones. Films have different requirements again.

I think you can happily read the comic alongside watching the show as long as you realise that they're not telling the same story in exactly the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        Robert Kirkman recently was interviewed by SFX and asked how to make people jump in a comic and he said to put the scare on the left-hand page so that they see it as they turn the page.
                        Someone needs to tell MArvel this, cant remember how many times I've been distracted by a death or major plot twist on the right hand pane totally ruining the reading sequence for me, amateurs!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          I agree with this 100%, Nemesis!

People always complain the book is better than the film, but it's never going to be the same as their imagination has perceived it.

Loads of friends moaned about the first Harry Potter film, including a friend who couldn't get over that Hermione is not pronounced "Her-mee-oh-knee"!

I went into it fresh and loved it.

I started reading Red Dragon, but all the jumpy bits were quite obvious, so I stopped and saw the film first.

If possible, I'll see the film before the book, but in some cases, like The Walking Dead, which I've been reading for years, you've just got to go with the flow.

I'm not going to get frustrated with plot changes any more, I'm going to see the comic and telly show as the different entities that they are - 2 different forms of media telling their version of a single story.

Robert Kirkman recently was interviewed by SFX and asked how to make people jump in a comic and he said to put the scare on the left-hand page so that they see it as they turn the page. In the same way, TV shows need different methods to thrill existing viewers and draw in new ones. Films have different requirements again.

I think you can happily read the comic alongside watching the show as long as you realise that they're not telling the same story in exactly the same way.
                          I agree with alot of what you said actualy but I dont really think the problem is that the stuff from the comic wouldnt be shocking on a tv show, it still would be, they really didnt need to change it.

The reason im personally disapointed isnt becuase they have changed it, its that I dont think they actualy needed too, when originaly reading the early comics one of the things that I always used to think to myself was "this would make a great tv show", but now it seems that they arent actualy including some of the moments that made me think it would be a great tv show in the actual tv show.
                          Last edited by rmoxon; 09-12-2010, 15:38.

Comment

I've watched the 1st episode twice this wk, as its being repeated on C5 & on 5 USA.

I have to say that so far from the 1st episode I love it. however I just hope it stays this great & doesnt turn into the bag o ****e that Lost & Heroes became.

Comment

Full trailer of Season 2 out (this isn't the ****ty reveal trailer that played at the start of Breaking Bad last weekend):

Great trailer

Comment

Just seen the first episode of Stupid People (Especially The Children), aka Season 2 episode 1.

Not bad but it seems to be following on from the first series. Occasionally great set pieces (the first twenty minutes or so of this episode were well done) and really bad character building. I think the show does tension rather well but the characters are (mostly) so unlikeable and dumb, which makes it difficult to care.

Comment

Working...
                                X