Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BT Vision and Sky TV

Hi All,

BT vision rang up my house today and gave it the ol' sale pitch to the missus about there TV and how great it is. At the moment i have Sky HD with movies and sports, Phone and Internet.

BT vision are saying they offering Movies, Sky Sports, 10mb internet (i have 20mb atm...) and phone for ?20 cheaper with free espn!

Now i know its not sky movies so didnt know if there was new movies or not like sky but knew it was "on demand".

Also it comes via a normal TV aerial?

So what im kinda getting to is, is sky not that good for price any more? Should i be looking at Virgin/BT Vision?

They quoted me about £45 all in (with SS1 & 2) excl. £60 set up fee. Is that much cheaper than Sky?
    You also get their shocking customer services for free!
    The guy I spoke to didn't even know if the box had HDMI...

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't BT Vison only have regular Sky Sports 1 & 2? That means no SS3, SS4 or SS News. And NONE of them in HD.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
        Also it comes via a normal TV aerial?
        Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't it come through your net connection?

Comment

You get a digital box, which is hooked up to your aerial and also connected to a wi-fi router digi box thing (not conversant with the technical name! ).

BT are only doing SS1 and 2, for a discounted period and then I believe will be putting the price up.

Having BT vision for quite a while, one thing that I have noticed is the timelag from pressing the remote, to the digi box doing the appropriate action. Its not like it takes and age, but it's certainly noticeable. Also, until recently, the box would freeze for no apparent reason and the only way to recitfy was to unplug the digibox itself.

Comment

Get Virgin, it's what all the cool kids watch.

They smoke cigarettes and play turbografx too.

Comment

Man I wouldn't want to have IPTV. I'd always be constantly choking it whenever downloads were running.

Comment

Working...
              X