Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pete Versus Life

I'm the only one watching this?

It almost feels like Channel 4 deliberately made a Peep Show replacement. The show is about the misadventures of a twatty guy in his late 20s who basically makes a tit of himself and gets into awkward social situations. It's funny for the same reasons Peep Show is - that is, in a cringe-inducing way.

The shtick of this show though is the fact that it's basically "commented on" by two sportscaster type guys (I don't know if they're actual sportscasters since I don't follow football or any sport for that matter). It actually adds a lot to it.

Anyone else tuning in?

I have been watching this too and although it's pretty predictable it's funny. I didn't think it was going to be that good, but I've found myself watching it week after week.

Certainly for me, it's the best out of the batch of new comedies that have started in the last few weeks.

Comment

Not too bad this, a few of the jokes have been quite telling, particularly 2-2 in social science

Comment

I didn't know about this, but after watching a small preview clip.. I think I might like it. The commentators might piss me off, though, but I will have to see. I noticed one of them sounds like the commentator from the 90s Tango adverts.

Comment

The commentators pissed me off for the first few minutes, until I realised that the dynamic between them was actually pretty funny

Comment

I love this and i love the commentators. The Hawkeye moment in the latest episode was class!

Comment

Isn't one of the commentators michael from alan partridge? Funny show either way

Comment

Saw this last night. Farcical but very funny. I thought the commentators would be annoying but they were good.

Comment

The more the series goes on, the more I'm enjoying this. Pete has all the social grace of Alan Partridge, but slightly less cringeworthy, and I think his flatmate is superb as well. I hope the viewing figures justify another series for the future.

Comment

i absolutely love this show. I know a lot has been made about the commentators, but for me the key to this show is how awful Pete is to everyone and then gets his comeuppance at the end in some sort of gathering. Its rare anything makes me cry with laughter, but when he got introduced to her parents in episode one I totally lost it! "i did a ****!"

Comment

Working...
                    X