Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Future Fighters (Animated Transformers movie Director)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Future Fighters (Animated Transformers movie Director)

Future Fighters

http://www.futurefightersmovie.com/
    • Live action Giant Mech film
    • Directed by Nelson Shin (Transformers: The Movie)
    • Script by Simon Furman
    • It's in 3D
    • 3D Effects by WETA Digital
    • Released late 2011
    • Produced by Mike Leeder (Impact magazine)
    • Starring Ray Park, Eriko Sato, Lisa Sa
    The fate of all humanity rests with a small clutch of brave soldiers and their sophisticated intrastellar fighting machine, as they must defend the free solar system from a sinister invading force in order to fight... for their future.

But when allies become enemies and enemies become allies, battle-lines and allegiances are blurred as humanity races to save itself... from its own utter destruction.

Future Fighters is a new feature0length sci-fi movie blockbuster to lead the Asia film industry into the exhilarating new arena of HD 3D cinema, and to raise the bar for all live-action science fiction movies throughout the cinematic world to an entirely new, stratospheric level and become a genre-defining mecha masterpiece for years to come.
    Wow! Talk about setting goals!
    Could be AWESOME, so I'm going to turn off cynicism mode until I've seen more of it...

Teaser Trailer:

3D Teaser Trailer! (Works properly on actual YouTube)

Last edited by QualityChimp; 07-09-2010, 12:20.

How much cash did they give WETA to do that, £10?

Comment

Ooooh it's written by Simon Furman.

Could be a good sign for a good story if he's back to his Beast Wars / Transformers Comics best anyway.

Still colour me VERY interested

Neil

Comment

Can't say too much based on that teaser but the CGI looks awful. That's like Babylon 5 standard.

Comment

That was the HD version, holy moly , looked well shoddy.

Comment

Ha ha - thanks for the (mostly) good comments.

Just a few points of correction:
            (1) That 3D trailer was done by two Hong Kong guys without any funding and before Weta (or any other company) came on board.
            (2) It's Weta Workshop that is on board; not Weta Digital. The digital effects will be done by several partners that we are in negotiations with, including Beijing-based Crystal CG (the guys that did the Beijing Olympic Games opening ceremony), and a Taiwan affiliate of LA/Tokyo-based Just Cause Inc.
            (3) Simon Furman is onboard to write the comic adaption, not the movie itself.

So up to now this is all zero-funding promo stuff. We're currently speaking to a broad range of investors to get the proper funding to produce the bona fide thing. We're aiming to create something really awesome to blow everyone away; so hopefully no one will be disappointed in a year's time, LOL. Cheers for the support and watch this space!

Guy

Comment

Like the staff working on it but it has to be said that trailer really doesn't sell the film well.

Gotta be careful too, there's a robotech movie in development (hell) at the moment to.

Comment

Hey Guy,

If it's of any use, I first saw mention of Future Fighters in Impact magazine.

It's a long way off, so there's no point us getting excited about it just yet, but I thought it ticked a lot of the boxes for people on this forum so I thought I'd spread the word a bit.

I hope you get the funding you're looking for and the end product is even more than the sum of its already impressive parts!

Best wishes co-producing it and I look forward to seeing the final thing. Keep us updated on any exciting developments...

Comment

Working...
                X