Boardwalk Empire - Sunday Nights on HBO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
    Buscemi is usually great in everything but in Boardwalk he hasn't really been given any great scenes to shine in yet. That's just my opinion of course, but it seems like they're building his character up.
    Did you not see the scene where he's getting rode by his woman?

I really enjoyed it, the main character seems complicated enough to keep me watching.

Comment

@Shinobi
      Nah, Buscemi has enough going on with his acting mannerisms and prowess. The guy is so bloody charismatically ugly, steals every scene, who'd want to act along side him?Apart from Keitel I mean?

OH Sh1t, they should get Keitel in this series man, that would be sick. And James Ganddolfini too.

Comment

Is this available on any download service like IPlayer or Sky Player, would like to watch it but I only have regular sky so cant record it.

Comment

Sorry dont know about that, just finished watching the whole of season 1. The seeds of how the 2nd season will go are sown up by the end of this series pretty well.

There was one bit where Nucky finally reveals a bit of his past in the final episode which was brilliantly played by Buscemi and well worth waiting for.

roll on season 2

Comment

Yeah, season 2 has been set up really well, I agree. Don't really think Jimmy's doing the right thing, though.

I'd love to see Gandolfini in it but they already have quite a few of the Sopranos cast so I doubt they'd do it.

Comment

Also just finished watching the finale. Really enjoyed this show, some parts are really gripping. You could be watching a funny scene then next thing being drawn into this scene with gripping dialogue which reminds me of tarintino.

Overally really pleased i stuck with this and its set up nicely for season 2. Cant wait.

Comment

I've just recently finished watching the season 2 finale. Whilst the ending was inevitable (how could Nucky assert his authority and credentials as a gangster otherwise), I didn't want it to happen.
                For me, this is the best thing I have seen on TV in years. The second season introduces more interesting characters and it seems like the third will branch out further from what I've read. I love the setting, all the characters generally flawed to varying degrees and they are there for all to see. The portrayal of Nucky's character is intriguing though. Whilst its clear he's abused his office and he plays everything to his own advantage, you can't help but like him. I don't know if that is just the way Buscemi plays him, but it is intriguing nonetheless.

Will be interesting to see what the fallout is between Nucky and Margaret!

Comment

HBO used their TCA panel today to announce that the fifth season of “Boardwalk Empire” will be the show’s last. Showrunner Terence Winter said in a statement: “We’re thrilled to get the go-ahead for a fifth season of Boardwalk Empire. After much discussion with my creative team and HBO, we’ve decided to wrap up the […]

HBO has confirmed that the upcoming fifth season will be the last

Comment

The two-year gap between posts in this thread indicates to me that the news of the show ending is not a heart-breaking one.

5 is a nice number. I wish more shows had a finite life-span. I'd be happier to invest my time in them if I knew they weren't spinning them out until ratings drop and they suddenly end unfinished or hastily concluded.

Comment

Working...
                    X