Lost Land of The Tiger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost Land of The Tiger

Anybody catch Lost Land of The Tiger on BBC1/BBC HD a couple nights ago?

It's set in the magical Kingdom of Bhutan high up in the Himalayas and follows a group of scientists as they observe and record the local wildlife in a bid to find what is surely the most beautiful animal on earth - the elusive tiger. The Lost Land of The Jaguar and Lost Land of the Volcano were pretty good but this is even better - largely because the Himalayan scenery is so spectacular.

It's a fantastic show with breathtaking camera work. Nobody does TV like this better than the BBC. Not only do they hire the most gifted wildlife cinematographers behind the camera, but they have a kanck for finding people to put in front of the camera with a genuine knowledge, understanding and passion for what they do. Great stuff.
    Last edited by Charlie; 23-09-2010, 12:17.

Twas fooking brilliant, me and the mrs we're thinking of going Bhuthan and Its only boosted our enthusiasm ten fold

Comment

I can think of few nicer places to visit, but it's quite difficult getting into the country because, in a bid to protect and preserve their beautiful country and wildlife, they only issue a limited number of visas each year and even then you have to take a pre-arranged itinerary that includes hotel accommodations and transportation.

Still, it's refreshing to see a country put greater importance on conservation and protection than money from tourism. Long may it continue.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
        I can think of few nicer places to visit, but it's quite difficult getting into the country because, in a bid to protect and preserve their beautiful country and wildlife, they only issue a limited number of visas each year and even then you have to take a pre-arranged itinerary that includes hotel accommodations and transportation.

Still, it's refreshing to see a country put greater importance on conservation and protection than money from tourism. Long may it continue.
        Their sentiment which you echoed is a breath of fresh air.

Comment

I thought it was just one show, so I was a bit let down that I watched what felt like 60 minutes of Bruiser looking for scat.

I really enjoyed the aspect of following the camera crew as people instead of just showing the footage. Made for good viewing.

Will try and catch the other shows if the cat/scat ratio shifts to the former!

Comment

Wow sounds interesting, hopefully get it on iPlayer.

D'oh, you linked to iPlayer, no HD though, maybe get the HD version on my Virgin box!

Comment

It's on just now on BBC HD.

Comment

Beautiful, heartwarming and heartbreaking

Comment

Working...
                X