No announcement yet.

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it's such a cool idea then make your own movie out of it, don't shoehorn uncharted into it.

Comment

My thoughts entirely. This is a different film - and it may work out well. But it's NOT Uncharted. Don't know why they bother.

Comment

Who was that quote by?

Whoever it is is a plonker.

Anyway, regardless of all that, the Uncharted games basicaly are movies anyway, they dont need to make a film about them, so Im not that fussed if they change things about, we still have the games afterall.

Comment

Director David O. Russell is the plonker
          i hope it flops cause they've sabotage a great premise with their fantastic ( ie rubbish ) ideas that they can write a good story.

Comment

Justin Richmond from Naughty Dog and Director of Uncharted 3 has debunked the film directors murmurs of the film having a full Drake family and has said that Whalberg hasn't been confirmed as playing the main character yet. This one could end up slipping into development hell yet.

Comment

Supernatural elements are staying and in this new interview with the guy making it he says that one of the reasons he wanted to adapt Uncharted is because it's a film about family

NO IT'S NOT! I cannot believe Sony and Naughty Dog are just sitting by.

Comment

I bet Uwe Boll could probably make a better Uncharted movie by this point!

Comment

I want the gamers to be happy. I have total respect for the game. My kid loves playing it, I love playing it. I just want to create a world that takes it to another level, that's another amazing world that's more cinematic.
                  Do you love playing it? Really? How old is your kid I wonder? Over 15 like the rating says? Do you even have a kid? And more cinematic than uncharted? Really?

I think if we take that family dynamic that we have in The Fighter, and put that in terms of a grander stage, with a crime family that metes out justice in the world of art and antiquities. If you're the head of a museum, or head of state, you've got to deal with them, and they're badass.

They're like the Sopranos in some ways, but they have great taste, and they have a sense of justice.
                  So you want to make the movie you just made, but about uncharted? There's no family that metes out justice. Art and antiques? I think you mean treasure and artifacts. Seriously, what museum head did Nathan Drake visit? What national leader did he force into submission, or was that his grandmother/rest of his family that we've been hearing so much about?

Because it's centred around a family, and I like the combination of criminals and truth. These guys they're tough but they're working on this crazy case, and they can't do it without truth. I think that's cool.
                  What family?? It's not centred around a family! Who's tough? What truth? What are you talking about???

Comment

You had the main guy and his sister and their dad...duhhh!

Comment

Originally posted by mekanor View Post
                      Do you love playing it? Really? How old is your kid I wonder? Over 15 like the rating says? Do you even have a kid? And more cinematic than uncharted? Really?

So you want to make the movie you just made, but about uncharted? There's no family that metes out justice. Art and antiques? I think you mean treasure and artifacts. Seriously, what museum head did Nathan Drake visit? What national leader did he force into submission, or was that his grandmother/rest of his family that we've been hearing so much about?

What family?? It's not centred around a family! Who's tough? What truth? What are you talking about???

I don't normally write to these idiot directors, but i think a good slap round the face with a wet kipper is in order for this guy. Clearly all he knows about it is the name Uncharted.

Comment

So he says he likes playing it and then goes on to talk like the game isnt cinematic...

Now correct me if Im wrong but isnt one of the most impressive things about the uncharted games their "cinematic" cut scenes?

What an idiot, sounds like he wants to make a film that is titled "The Fighter 2: Uncharted". Not somthing that has anything to do with the game.

Its a shame hes such a friggin moron becuase The fighter and his other works are all great films, but hes gonna destroy Uncharted and thats not good.
                        Last edited by rmoxon; 10-02-2011, 15:23.

Comment

All the comments he's making are worrying.

Genuinely reads like he's not played the game. And I agree, it's the MOST cinematic game. The second game would pretty much work as a movie as it, the set pieces ramped up nicely, it had the flow of a movie. All you'd need to do is introduce the supernatural element earlier, and you've a decent movie.

Comment

Here's what you all complaining about this should do:

Don't go see it. It's simple.

This method will also secure that no further Uncharted movies are made.

Comment

You know, I soooo enjoy the "If you don't like it don't see it / play it / whatever it" argument. It seems to be the paradigm of internet intellect. No debate, no discussion, either Like It Or Lump It....

Blind acceptance in anything is stupid.

And let us not forget this is a discussion board. For, you know, discussing. Which should entail both positive and negative opinions and observations

Comment

Just offered my two cents to the discussion, no need to get upset, my word isn't the law.

I just think that if you pay to see a movie you already hate on the paper, you only condone their actions, they don't care if you buy the ticket just the see how much a movie sucks.

I also don't understand why any Uncharted fan would go see an Uncharted Movie that isn't anything like Uncharted and clearly just a money grab.
                                Last edited by Guts; 10-02-2011, 19:27.

Comment

Working...
                                X