Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Film 2010 with Claudia Winkleman

Anyone catch this?

If I wanted to see a willy waving competition with unknown people stating how many arthouse/indie films they know I'd visit a forum

Really underwhelmed with this, there was no real depth to the discussion just Claudia saying how she 'loved that' many times.

Social Network looks ok though.

Is she the skinny, wrinkly, saggy eyed woman who looks like a classic Grey alien hiding in a human woman skin suit?

Comment

That is indeed one way of describing her!

Comment

It was awful. She just listed films (as you say she loved all of them) really insightful!

Then there was the cringe-inducing intro's of their roving reporters: 'hey, i'm even wearing darth vadar trainers!'

The only good point was the drunken interview with knightley, mulligan and garfield because it was hilariously tragic. I miss the wossy!

Comment

She could claw my winkle, man.

(best I could do ok?)

Comment

Wossy was ****e as well though tbh, although I did enjoy it more when he ass kissed the actors in the interviews FIRST then raped their movie in his review later, the 2 (chubby) faced b*stard!

Comment

Just watched it - IT BLOWS!

They've tried to make it current! It's all top 5s and quick fire interviews, when it should be more serious, up it's own arse, full of it's own self importance and preferably hosted by someone who smokes a pipe.

Film 85 was the best

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
                  Wossy was ****e as well though tbh, although I did enjoy it more when he ass kissed the actors in the interviews FIRST then raped their movie in his review later, the 2 (chubby) faced b*stard!
                  Agreed.

But at least his love of film was tangible and he liked anime.

Comment

Yeah i flicked over and just saw the but where they were introducing the other presenters, i turned back over after that.

Comment

If Ross produced a long series detailing his love of martial arts, games and other stuff of that ilk, then it could be excellent. A show for nerds, by a very public nerd.

I caught the second half of this last night and it was a bit skank. Winkleman, while she'd be perfectly welcome to get an faceful of my developing fluid, offered nothing in the way of analysis. The fast-talking bloke with the teddy-boy haircut seemed to say an awful lot without really saying anything. The Top Five thing was whimsical magazinesque fodder, but fair play to a couple of leftfield choices. Although - bleurgh - I think it was Winkleman going on about moon films missed out, and mentioned Capricorn One. I can't remember who's mouth the words actually came out of, I just remember recoiling in horror at such an unforgivable error.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                        If Ross produced a long series detailing his love of martial arts, games and other stuff of that ilk, then it could be excellent. A show for nerds, by a very public nerd.
                        I was really pleased when he decided to leave the BBC as I thought it might mean he'll get back to his roots and interests and do another series like The Incredibly Strange Film Show, Asian Invasion or Japanorama.

Instead he's doing another chatshow, but for ITV.

Booo!

Comment

Anybody see the documentary he did about Russ Meyer, was class.

Comment

Caught the second episode. I was never a fan of Ross's version but that was bad.

Only highlight was seeing Carlos was going to be getting a cinema release over here. Tempted to watch the five hour version if it even comes to one of the local screens.

Comment

I Loved it...

Comment

Working...
                              X