Battle: Los Angeles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time I've heard of this one, Battle: Los Angeles to give it the full title. Post-Saving Private Ryan style war movie with aliens. Probably building on the success of District 9, but I'm ok with that

Trailer for Battle: Los Angeles. For years, there have been documented cases of UFO sightings around the world – Buenos Aires, Seoul, France, Germany, China. But in 2011, what were...

I heard about this today after hearing the hilarious review by spill.com for Skyline. Quite like the look of this.

Also

Originally posted by Wikipedia.org
    Sony Pictures Entertainment has been investigating the possibility of legal action against the filmmakers Greg and Colin Strause, who were hired to do visual effects work on Battle: Los Angeles through their special effects company Hydraulx. Sony Pictures suspects the Strause Brothers have created their own Los Angeles based alien invasion film Skyline, which will compete with Battle: Los Angeles release, by using resources they had gained while working on Battle: Los Angeles without the consent of Sony Pictures.[5] A spokesman for the Strauses has responded saying, "Any claims of impropriety are completely baseless. This is a blatant attempt by Sony to force these independent filmmakers to move a release date that has long been set by Universal and Relativity and is outside the filmmakers' control."
    I can see that totally happening, the Strause's don't have an originality in any of the films they have made so far.
    Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 13-11-2010, 17:02.

Comment

Battle: Los Angeles 11.03.11

Looks amazing!

Comment

This was mentioned by PeteJ when the film was just called "Battle".

As Zero9X said in that thread, there's a bit of a kerfuffle going on about this and Skyline:
        Sony Pictures Entertainment has been investigating the possibility of legal action against the filmmakers Greg and Colin Strause, who were hired to do visual effects work on Battle: Los Angeles through their special effects company Hydraulx. Sony Pictures suspects the Strause Brothers have created their own Los Angeles based alien invasion film Skyline, which will compete with Battle: Los Angeles release, by using resources they had gained while working on Battle: Los Angeles without the consent of Sony Pictures.[5] A spokesman for the Strauses has responded saying, "Any claims of impropriety are completely baseless. This is a blatant attempt by Sony to force these independent filmmakers to move a release date that has long been set by Universal and Relativity and is outside the filmmakers' control."
        You're right though, PSTB, it's one to watch out for!

Comment

I like the trailer though it's not knocking me for six, I'll definately watch it though. I'm in the mood for all these ID style films.

Comment

New trailer - http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer...eles/trailer-b

Quite looking forward to this. Chances of being **** are high, but you never know.

Comment

As I said in that Skyline thread. I would like to see a believable alien invasion film where the aliens don't have unbelievable tech that basically makes them invincible.

Watching 90 minutes of humans just getting slaughtered makes for harrowing scenes but is just dull in my books. ID4 already did the "aliens who we stand no chance against" (without the help of a mac at least) thing. We don't need to see the same thing but with more CGI bodies being flung around and everything tinted blue or brown.

They should look more to stuff like saving private Ryan and other great war films. War is plenty harrowing as it is, you don't need to make scifi war films so one sided.

Remain hopefull this'll be good though
              Last edited by abigsmurf; 06-12-2010, 14:27.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                As I said in that Skyline thread. I would like to see a believable alien invasion film where the aliens don't have unbelievable tech that basically makes them invincible.

Watching 90 minutes of humans just getting slaughtered makes for harrowing scenes but is just dull in my books. ID4 already did the "aliens who we stand no chance against" (without the help of a mac at least) thing. We don't need to see the same thing but with more CGI bodies being flung around and everything tinted blue or brown.

They should look more to stuff like saving private Ryan and other great war films. War is plenty harrowing as it is, you don't need to make scifi war films so one sided.

Remain hopefull this'll be good though
                i agree... basically the film version of Halo where the aliens are as tough / weak as the humans.

Comment

Well I also agree, but the fact that the aliens got here would denote that they would probably have superior technology to whip our asses with.

All we have is the flu.

Comment

Plus, they probably would have researched our weapons capabilities before rocking up here for a scrap. Be cool if a ship crashed on earth and were like, "**** it man, these dirty apes don't have the tech yet so I guess we stuck here. Lets take over!"*

Or something.

*Universal Translator

Comment

I think what would really happen if aliens invaded would be the initial shock of finding out that we are not alone in the universe, followed by FIFA then announcing the 2026 World Cup is to be held on Zargon IV.

Comment

Originally posted by Bydo View Post
                        I think what would really happen if aliens invaded would be the initial shock of finding out that we are not alone in the universe, followed by FIFA then announcing the 2026 World Cup is to be held on Zargon IV.
                        or wikileaks had documents proving the alien invasion?!

Comment

To me this looks like a mix of BHD + D9.

Wikipedia has the release date as March 2011

Comment

Working...
                          X