Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pete Postlethwaite R.I.P

Just read this now.

Great actor in fantastic films. His speech at the end of Brassed Off always bought a tear to me eye.

Oscar-nominated British actor Pete Postlethwaite has died in hospital in Shropshire at the age of 64, a spokesman announces.

Nooooooooooooo!

He was literally in everything. I'll miss him

Rest in Peace Pete

Comment

He was class in Sharpe as the deserter baddie.

Comment

Yet another great talent gone. It's like a train of dead talent that doesn't stop. Or something.

Comment

The role I will always remember him by was the insane and nasty Sgt. Major Obadiah Hakeswill in several of the earliest (and best) Sharpe episodes. Best performance in the entire history of the programme.

Comment

Sharpe was ace, to be honest I had forgotten about him in that. He really was in a stupid amount of great things.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
              Nooooooooooooo!
              My sentiments exactly when I loaded up the Forum main page and saw this (to my absolute horror).

An absolute powerhouse of a actor in terms of consistency and quality - one of this country's all-time greatest, surely?

RIP, Pete.

Comment

Bit of swearing in the clip.
                Last edited by Kieran76; 03-01-2011, 09:38.

Comment

Don't take Broadbent us from too!
                  Last edited by EvilBoris; 03-01-2011, 12:38.

Comment

The town is the latest movie i've saw him in and he looked alright in that and still delivered a good performance

smashing actor

Comment

Looks like 2011 is set on continuing the sad trend of killing off celebs

Comment

Great actor. Last film I saw him in was Inception, where eerily enough he was in fact playing a man on his death bed.

Saw him once in the train station in Newport about 9 yrs ago. We'd just got back from a heavy sesh in Skate Extreme. My mate clocked him having a coffee & a smoke in the cafe there.
                        We both wanted to go over & talk to him & stuff but wanted to respect his privacy too, so we didnt approach him in case a load of others spied him & wouldnt give him peace.
                        Found out he'd been treading the boards at the theatre in Newport

He seemed such a humble guy. Kept himself to himself.

RIP to a British Legend.
                        Last edited by EDDIE M0NS00N; 03-01-2011, 10:32.

Comment

I will miss him dearly. Loved spotting him in everything. Sad news. R.I.P.

Comment

Only just heard about this on the BBC local news

A real class act, a true northerner and from my neck of the woods too - especially hard news to take.

R.I.P Pete

Comment

When I read the news this morning about it I didn't believe it at first, it's so sad that the cancer got the better of him, especially as he wasn't that old.

Comment

Working...
                              X