X Men: First Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My main story irks:

-How is Xavier standing in X Men Wolverine?
    -Now they're enemies how does Magneto help to build Cerebro?

Comment

I think they just dropped X-3 & Wolverine from the face of the earth. I'm kind of glad they did.

Comment

That won't help with X4 then, lol

Comment

Thought this was OK. The first 30, 45 mins or so are brilliant. Fast paced, no messing around. However, that strength then becomes a weakness as characterisation suffers and I found myself not caring for anyone. Some great acting by the leads, some not so great elsewhere, some good lines, some ropey writing, a great cameo that lingered too long, a strong James Bond espionage theme in the first quarter, some very rushed shots that were well composed and deserved longer, a fat Michael Ironside, surprisingly poor action sequences, and I'm afraid no emotional resonance.

I'd give it 3/5 and I went in with such high expectations

Comment

Funnily enough I really didn't like the opening. I loved the original opening in X1 but in this the remade section wasn't done as well and the following scene with The Bacon is tonally all over the place and really undercuts the original opener.

Comment

Good film. Really hope they plan on sequels, or would that be too much?

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                Funnily enough I really didn't like the opening. I loved the original opening in X1 but in this the remade section wasn't done as well and the following scene with The Bacon is tonally all over the place and really undercuts the original opener.
                Actually I know exactly what you mean. An issue with compacting so much story into the film, is it trivialises things. The Eric Nazi Hunter stuff could of been an entire film, and much better than the one we ended up with.

I liked all the espionage stuff. Felt more real world. By the end, the film had lost me. Also felt

the spinal injury was kind of thrown in. I would be happy if they didn't do that and spread their growing friendship out over a couple more films.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                  Good film. Really hope they plan on sequels, or would that be too much?
                  It's the first in a trilogy.

I watched it the other night and thought it was good, I liked all the Espionage as Matt says and by the time they were all zoming around fighting near the end it wasn't quite as good.

I did keep lolling at Banshee though, he was lame.

Comment

A trilogy? Good stuff.

Agree on Banshee. The name 'Banshee' screams () out to be a female character too.

Also, I'm a little worried that you use the word 'lame' in the real world

Comment

I do use it, although originally in jest. Now it's actually part of my vocabulary

Comment

Hang on...

Just saw Charles Xavier standing up at the end of

Wolverine Origins!

Comment

There are a couple of inconsistencies, most of them caused by the hugely rushed ending. I've not watched X3 since it came out, but didn't that have

Xavier and Magneto as buddies visiting a young Jean Grey? They definitely killed their friendship/crippled xavier waaay too early.

Comment

Yep. If they planned for a trilogy (yawn) they should of dropped the ending

Comment

Originally posted by mekanor View Post
                              There are a couple of inconsistencies, most of them caused by the hugely rushed ending. I've not watched X3 since it came out, but didn't that have

Xavier and Magneto as buddies visiting a young Jean Grey? They definitely killed their friendship/crippled xavier waaay too early.
                              That scene could have happened during this film and we just didn't see it. They probably visited other young mutants too.

I don't think the ending was rushed. In fact I thought this film was incredible, it verged on perfection. I can't think of a single thing I would change about it. As an X-men fan they certainly did the franchise justice and as a film in it's own right it is simply stunning. I loved every single second.

Comment

It’s nice to report on good movies doing well. Both “Super 8” and “X-Men: First Class” have scored amongst the best reviews of the Summer. Both films have a B+ CinemaScore in audience polling. Both have charted very well on Rotten Tomatoes with “Super 8” getting 82% (7.5/10) and ‘X-Men’ getting 87% (7.4/10) – the […]

Some figures on box office that includes this. Seems like we're likely to recieve a sequel as it's doing decent business, I wonder if it will be straight sequel or if Fox will force some changes. Despite making decent money, it opened comfortably lower than X3 or Wolverine.

Comment

Working...
                                X