Resident Evil: Retribution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    Only just noticing after all these years just how weird the title 'Resident Evil' is. More so the second you take it outside somewhere it can be a resident of, like the original mansion.
    Tecnically it's always been a stupid title, zombies aren't actually evil, they are just really hungry.

Comment

I would say the Umbrella Corporation, some of their managers and anybody on the S.T.A.R.S. Team that sacrificed mankind for the sake of a few dollars bribe to disrupt the team entering the mansion are evil. I'm pretty sure those clawful monsters in the second half of the game are rotters too!

EDIT: I think the janitor was on the rob too.
      Last edited by QualityChimp; 03-02-2012, 13:55.

Comment

Yes but most of those Umbrella people weren't residents of the mansion. And yes, zombies aren't really evil as such. Stupid title. It's ruined the series for me. I'll never put myself through a Resident Evil game or film again.

Unless Japanese import obviously, they're okay.

Comment

An update from IGN from a previewed scene that confirms it's nothing if not just as excessive as its predecessors.

Comment

That pic looks like fricking Kate from Underworld. They should call it Resident Under Evil World Evolution.

Comment

New posters revealed (non-english):

High resolution official theatrical movie poster (#2 of 10) for Resident Evil: Retribution (2012). Image dimensions: 1433 x 2048. Directed by Paul W.S. Anderson. Starring Milla Jovovich, Sienna Guillory, Michelle Rodriguez, Aryana Engineer

Comment

The film is now sitting on around $135m in profit terms with some territories remaining to go so it's well into profit already. It is however trailing behind the fourth film which had an incredible lead on the first three films in terms of money made however the newest film is already passing into 2nd place for profit in the series so the 6th and possibly 7th films look likely.

For those planning to go and watch this manage your expectations, it has it's moments and sits with the others but its structurally a bit shoddy and quite excessive. If you weren't keen on the previous ones this is definitely not for you.

Comment

Working...
                X