No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones / House of Dragon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought series 4 was the best of the lot.

The writers have actually done a fab job with the material. 480 pages into a Feast for Crows and NOTHING has happened. So if they manage to get a good season out of Crows/Dance with Dragons, they've done remarkably well.

While I think you whinging bints have some very fair points, I think I tune into them from a totally different angle. I like the sense of mortality throughout. Interesting and good people would get bumped off in a world like this; or muted; or chased; or whatever. It's nice that no one is sacred. Everyone is vulnerable to a swift and inglorious end. I love the build ups to big events throughout seasons, and the sense that a bigger game will slowly emerge. The problem with political machinations is that they can only be written into a story a few times before the players get knacked, and new characters have to fill the void, or take their place. To have them perform the same dance would stifle story development. I do think Dany is a dull character, though.

Comment

I still really like the show, and have consistently liked it so far.

To those who think the characters keep making "out of character" leaps; have you read the books? Are your perceptions of the characters influenced by that?

My only concern is that it's always been quite a slow burner, punctuated by bits of action. I think some people are expecting a "final act" in season 7 or 8 that is all-out, balls-to-the-wall war, and I'm not sure we'll ever get it. I suspect the writers (and GRR Martin) are building to a "clever" final act, which won't really do, no matter how clever it may be.

Comment

Apart from Tyrion, brienne of tarth is my favourite character

and I do hope the bastard gets his name and starts a stark uprising

I think it will take an amazing event for anything to beat the red wedding but I was hoping for more shadow demons and at the time didn't realise it was a one off

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
          I just can't understand how in a 10 episode series, they spend so much time meandering and doing nothing- it's so poorly paced considering theres so much to get through. Instead they consistently wait for a episode 9 "big event" rather than pacing it better.
          Get the feeling season five is continuing that theme, just watched episode six and it's all moving along very slowly.

Comment

I'm enjoying Season 5 but it feels like a climb down after Season 4. Doesn't feel like anything of particular note has happened so far, more chess pieces being moved around.

Comment

i can imagine because they are rapidly catching up with the books they will slow the pace a bit

Comment

They have moved away from the books alot in this series.

Comment

Felt they "kicked the dog" a bit with the latest episode. Seemed to be for shock value, rather than entertainment or any reasonable character development.

Comment

I didn't mind the scene that's caused a fuss, it didn't need showing but it made sense considering the characters involved. Didn't think it warranted the fuss made though, it's not the first instance in the show of it. I think it stuck out more because of the glacial pace things are moving at now.

Comment

I had to go check out the news to see what scene was even being discussed here. It's like this is the first episode of the series they've ever seen!

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                        I had to go check out the news to see what scene was even being discussed here. It's like this is the first episode of the series they've ever seen!
                        I disagree. The show's violent; everyone knows and expects this when tuning in - but usually it's tempered with some aspect of the narrative. The Red Wedding

cut off a major plotline and killed many major characters

After that scene of this week's episode, I don't think we knew anything we didn't know before.

Sansa already wanted revenge. Theon is about to snap. Ramsay is a sadist.

These are all things we knew.

Comment

Well, you're entitled to your opinion of course, and you're clearly not alone. I saw it though as the portrayal of the straw that broke the camel's back. I'm expecting repurcussions, and soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                            Well, you're entitled to your opinion of course, and you're clearly not alone. I saw it though as the portrayal of the straw that broke the camel's back. I'm expecting repurcussions, and soon.
                            I think the issue is more that

Sansa has been through terrible things throughout the series, and her character has developed a great deal. I didn't feel that her being assaulted in that manner can really "intensify" her desire for revenge, when she's already lost her entire family.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                              I think the issue is more that

Sansa has been through terrible things throughout the series, and her character has developed a great deal. I didn't feel that her being assaulted in that manner can really "intensify" her desire for revenge, when she's already lost her entire family.
                              I can see your point, I think this is more a plot devise to bring her back to the forefront of the suffering in people minds as the red wedding was a long time ago, its like there building bolton up for a fall, we have already seen that being a bit psychotic and annoying the wrong people can be just as dangerous as trying to do the right thing.

Comment

OK bear with me as I find it hard to keep up with all the goings on despite having watched every episode. What had

Ramsay Bolton done to Sansa before now to make her want revenge on him

? I know that as far as

Sansa is concerned Theon has killed her brothers so she has good reason to want him dead but I don't remember what Ramsay has done. Somethign to do with Robb Stark

?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X