Game of Thrones / House of Dragon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    OK bear with me as I find it hard to keep up with all the goings on despite having watched every episode. What had

Ramsay Bolton done to Sansa before now to make her want revenge on him

? I know that as far as

Sansa is concerned Theon has killed her brothers so she has good reason to want him dead but I don't remember what Ramsay has done. Somethign to do with Robb Stark

?

Thanks.
    Well,

he and his father are usurpers, who conspired with those who killed her father and the rest of her family (as far as she knows). In addition, they're a hated family, and Ramsay has a screw loose. They're ruling over her people and they're practically savages. Plus she's been forced to marry one of them.

That motivation was enough for me without the scene in question, so I don't feel it conveyed much other than showing something horrific for the purposes of shocking people.

Ramsay's already kicked the dog and Sansa already hates the Boltons.

It's also worth bearing in mind, from what little I know of the books,

none of the three "main character" rape scenes were in the books - they were all created for the show.

Daenarys isn't raped by Khal Drogo, Jaime doesn't rape Cersei over Joffrey's body and although Ramsay does rape someone, it isn't Sansa - Sansa in the books (at this point) is still at the Aeyrie, ruling The Vale.

It really depends on where they take it next. I'm not just going to stop watching (as some people online seem to be suggesting) as I've paid for Now-TV and it's the only show I watch on it - but I feel
    character's next moves need to be pretty masterfully written.

Comment

To me

considering the hints at support in Winterfell for her character, I'm expecting the rest of her arc to be about her turning on the Bolton's and eventually being in charge of Winterfell completely. I imagine Theon's redemption will be part of that.

She'd then be well placed to support a certain someone when I suspect he goes for the throne down the road...

Of course, the scene at the end of the last ep adds nothing to that idea for an arc

Comment

@asura well I guess it was a bit gratuitous then. I suppose they just wanted us to really, REALLY hate

Comment

Yes I think you're right, that was the main point of that scene.

Season 4 spoiler

Now Joffrey is gone there isn't really anyone to hate with a passion, he played that part so well.

Comment

It does feel like

Joffrey has left a bit of a void. At the moment I'd probably put The witch woman influencing Stannas as a dislike of mine (she's too obviously bad news and no-one questions her on it, she could almost put her pinky to her mouth Dr Evil like at times) and Arya (who's body washing arc seems too removed from the main plot to care about now).

Most disliked now for me is (likely misspelled) Dynearas. She makes dragons boring, dragons! She's such a crap leader and to me has never overcome being a white haired red herring in the story. She's to distract you from the real contenders because hey dragons. I don't see her getting near the throne. Honestly, I think one of the dragons will be her end. Sooner rather than later hopefully to spare yet more paint drying time with her, at least Joffrey was provoking and kept things on a knife edge

Comment

That's one of the problems I always felt that Game of Thrones faced - it kills off characters with such a pace that the continued quality depends very much on the new actors and characters who replace them.

Comment

True. The new young king is a bit **** for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                  True. The new young king is a bit **** for example.
                  He's supposed to be, you would have thought he would have

kicked up a bit of a fuss when they took his wife away, but no he's a mummy's boy and well and truly in her pocket. you would also think that Cersei would be a bit more careful about arming an army of religious nuts, who have the power to overrule the king and imprison royalty, especially considering what she's done in the past

As for Sansa

didn't she say to little finger "i cant go there they murdered my family" when they arrived at the Boltons Dreadfort? isn't it common knowledge that the boltons killed her brother and her mother at the red wedding?

Last edited by Lebowski; 20-05-2015, 13:25.

Comment

I meant I don't think his acting is very good lol. Although maybe it is. His character is so weak that maybe his acting is spot on.

Comment

He's probably not bothered and thinking of all the other women he can bone.

Comment

erm.. I don't really know how I feel about this season so far. It is pretty slow moving, which is beginning to grate.

One thing has to be said though - the title music is fantastic. For some reason it gives me goosebumps.

Comment

Yep, I never skip the intro!

I'm off to Croatia next week and will be visiting Diocletian's Palace in Split AKA Daenerys' Throne Room!
                          Last edited by Brad; 21-05-2015, 15:39.

Comment

Originally posted by k0pp0 View Post
                            One thing has to be said though - the title music is fantastic. For some reason it gives me goosebumps.
                            Just like the Greatest American Hero.

Comment

Game of Thrones the musical!

Done for the US comic relief
                              Last edited by RobRoy; 25-05-2015, 06:25.

Comment

Youtube link broken matey.

Comment

Working...
                                X