No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones / House of Dragon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Following in the wake of Sunday night’s epic ‘Blackwater’ episode, HBO has confirmed that this coming Sunday’s finale of the second season of “Game of Thrones” will clock in at 64 minutes as opposed to the usual 54 minutes. The ten minutes extra will allow various story lines more time to wrap up ahead of […]

The final episode will be 10 minutes longer so make sure you get the full version

Comment

Such a good end to the series....now we have to wait another year Going to be really interesting in season 3 as its by far the best book imo

Comment

I've just down-wapped the entire series like the illegal pirating bastard I have become over recent years. Reckon I'll watch one per day then blast the remaining six on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
          I've just down-wapped the entire series like the illegal pirating bastard I have become over recent years. Reckon I'll watch one per day then blast the remaining six on Saturday.
          Its the best way.....i enjoyed season one far more when i could finally back to back like 3 episodes at a time, when i bought the blurays.

In fact seeing as i series linked it, i am gonna marathon season 2 this coming weekend i reckon.

Comment

Cant say i was impressed with season 2 to be honest, yes the epp blackwater was a highlight of the program so far, but as s1 proved, a straight book to program can work, and dam well too. I hated all the changes made in season 2, unnecessary and pointless and it reeked of writers trying to stamp their own mark on something that didn't, nor shouldn't of been changed.

Hopefully G R Martin takes note and gives the writers a slap on the wrist for season 3.

Comment

I thought it was better than season one, and the changes (that I'm aware of) make sense to make it better for TV.

Comment

I'm with fishbowlhead on this one. As a piece of television it didn't flow as well as the first series. Episode 8 was a waste of time and they could have advanced a couple of stories forward instead of having a "water treading" episode. Also a lot of the storylines were not fleshed out enough (background of Stannis and Sir Davos for one) in favour of the Robb Stark love story which was unnecessary, Littlefinger seemingly popping up at different ends of the kingdom every week and Danys story which has been the real lowlight of the season.

As a book adaption it missed a lot as well, least of all Direwolves and their significance. Ironically like the books themselves it could have done with some better editing and quality control.

I still enjoyed it and the Blackwater episode was a masterpiece (George R. R. Martin on writing duties and Neil Marshall directing), but perhaps showed that this series really shined when in the hands of others who have a better understanding of the source material.

Comment

I found the Danys story to be a waste of time in the book tbh. Could have easily edited that out but I guess he wanted to show that she was doing something whilst everything was going on else where.

Comment

Oh well, we have an excruciating wait on our hands, where i must resiist the urge to delve into the books.

Then again, breaking bad is back shortly, along with sons of anarchy.

Comment

Well I have just watch all season 2 in near enough one sitting and after the ending from season 1 I am left feeling wanting.

At the end of season 1, we were left with the birth of dragons and we are still no further forward with this story, stannis and the fire women left so much to imagination it was not good at all. First off we see her give birth to some dark shadow who then kills stannis's brother and thats it - we dont see anymore of it and he then loses his battle - wtf.

After these gripes I stil enjoyed it but felt the last 2 episodes could have been alot better they had so much potential to be great but it didnt happen.

Bring on season 3, Im hoping its a tour de force compared to season 2.

Comment

That fire priestess with the red hair, I'd shag her absolutely senseless!

That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                          That fire priestess with the red hair, I'd shag her absolutely senseless!

That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by Robster View Post
                            Well I have just watch all season 2 in near enough one sitting and after the ending from season 1 I am left feeling wanting.

At the end of season 1, we were left with the birth of dragons and we are still no further forward with this story, stannis and the fire women left so much to imagination it was not good at all. First off we see her give birth to some dark shadow who then kills stannis's brother and thats it - we dont see anymore of it and he then loses his battle - wtf.

After these gripes I stil enjoyed it but felt the last 2 episodes could have been alot better they had so much potential to be great but it didnt happen.

Bring on season 3, Im hoping its a tour de force compared to season 2.
                            indeed. why didnt Stanis just send in the

vagina assassin

to kill Jofry?

a few other points - why did jon snow

kill halfhand at the end? i thought his boss wanted him to create a diversion, rather than actually hurting each other?

what happens to Sam

at the very end? does the white walker just leave him?

how will those 500 northmen

get away with burning winterfell, when they were under rob starks instruction to go to it and bribe the iron born soldiers to give up theon?

Comment

I just watched all of Game of Thrones over the last few days. According to my friend (who has read the books),

it was supposed to have been implied by Qoric (or whatever his name is) that Jon Snow should kill him, to get the Wildlings to believe that Snow had defected. Qoric (or whatever his name is) was too old and well known by the wildlings for them to believe HE had defected.

As for Sam,

my friend says that that part is not in the book, so it's anyone's guess why the White Walkers ignored him, or how he will get away.

I, too, was very confused by what happened at Winterfell. I don't know who was supposed to have

burnt it, Theon's men as they were leaving, or the northmen (what possible motive could they have had?

Comment

RE the sacking of winterfell by the northmen

They were led by Roose Boltons bastard son, who was instructed by Lord Bolton to retake winterfell and capture Theon alive after Rob found out Theon had betrayed him, as for why he burnt winterfell, the guy is described as being completely without mercy or morals so he probably just burnt it for his own amusement, but not stupid enough like Theon to think he could capture it for himself. He also slaughtered the northern army of 2000 men sent to besiege winterfell by the other lords as well, which kind of confirmed him bing a complete nut job

Last edited by fishbowlhead; 07-06-2012, 12:28.

Comment

Working...
                                X