No announcement yet.

One boxset to bind us all :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHY are the DVDs included?! 9 Coasters essentially, idiots.

Comment

I'd prefer less fluff (I mean, DVD's, really?) and a lower price since I'm only interested in the movies themselves but atleast it's finally coming out. I held out on watching the theatrical blurays knowing that this would come out, hopefully with a better transfer and it's looking like it will be good. I'm happy about the decision to put the movies on 2 discs, assuming it was needed to get the best possible picture quality it's a small price to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
        WHY are the DVDs included?! 9 Coasters essentially, idiots.
        All the documentaries on the DVDs were originally filmed in SD so there is no real benefit to having them on blu-rays. Even the audio for the documentaries wouldn't benefit as you're going to get as they are the same as the source material.

They would essentially have to film all the documentaries again for it to be worth releasing them on blu-ray.

I know that some people also aren't happy that the blu-rays are being produced from a 2k master rather than the currently more common 4k master.

Again, the original resolution for editorial purposes was 2k which was standard at the time so there isn't any benefit in them producing a new 4k master from the original 2k version and then having to reduce it back to 2k to stick on a disc.

Considering the source material used on the DVDS and blu-ray, this is as good as we're able to get unless they pretty much decide to start all over again.

Comment

thing is they could have bunged the documentries on two blu ray discs (i am sure they could have fit all the documentries on 2 blu ray discs being they were sd

Comment

Cant they fit a whole movie on one disc?

Comment

The DVD versions of Extended Editions were spread over 2 discs too (and they still looked like arse).

Comment

To be honest, I always felt the Theatrical versions played out better than the Extended Cuts. I'd be tempted by this but I fully expect another Blu-Ray boxset that beats this one to emerge around the time that the Hobbit films hit.

Comment

I have the DVDs of the extended editions. And I have worked out that I can get to see these hi-def extended versions as many times as I have watched the DVD versions without actually spending a penny. That's as good as free money.

Comment

Working...
                  X