Pirates of the Caribbean V: Dead Men Tell No Tales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pirates of the Caribbean V: Dead Men Tell No Tales

The script has been submitted with plans ready to roll out even though Pirates 4 isn't out yet. However, thankfully, it seems Depp is all about the quality control and has said he wants a break between films as he doesn't feel they should be put out like traditional sequels and should be done when they can offer entries that are special.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 22-08-2013, 21:37.

If he wants to only offer entries that are special maybe he should put all his money into eradicating any evidence that the 2nd and 3rd film ever existed from the face of the earth.

That would be what I would call quality control.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
      If he wants to only offer entries that are special maybe he should put all his money into eradicating any evidence that the 2nd and 3rd film ever existed from the face of the earth.

That would be what I would call quality control.
      I'm surprised you know a bad film when you see it. For once I will agree with you (on the 3rd film at least).

The second one for the most part was decent, the conclusion was utter bollocks though.

Comment

I watch a heck of alot of films, so should know a bad one when i see one.

Pirates 2 was a mess. It had some decent action scenes but a tone that was all over the place and a script that placed too much reliance on the audience finding Depp funny for just doing a more over the top version of what he did in the first film, it wasnt terrible but i didnt think it worked that well either.

The third film was terrible, there was nothing good about it IMO.

Comment

I watch a heck of alot of films, so should know a bad one when i see one.
          And yet Crystal Skull slipped by you? Were you hypnotized into believing it was half-decent by the awesome looking CGI gophers in the opening sequence? Perhaps the invulnerable fridge built to survive a nuclear blast had something to do with it?

Okay, I've had my fun now. Can't really top your quoted comment anymore.

Carry on.

Comment

I was ready to like 3 just for ditching Bloom and Knightley... then they added Cruz

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
              And yet Crystal Skull slipped by you? Were you hypnotized into believing it was half-decent by the awesome looking CGI gophers in the opening sequence? Perhaps the invulnerable fridge built to survive a nuclear blast had something to do with it?

Okay, I've had my fun now. Can't really top your quoted comment anymore.

Carry on.

No I just realised that Crystal skull had some good qualities and wasnt stupid enough to jump on the band waggon of hate.

Thats all.

Comment

I saw it at a premiere. It was still ****e and that was before there was a bandwagon. Thing is, it's just rubbish. Can't blame it on a bandwagon.

Back to Pirates though, I am still yet to see any of the movies. But now with Lego Pirates coming out, I'm well tempted to see the movies and then get the game.

Comment

No I just realised that Crystal skull had some good qualities and wasnt stupid enough to jump on the band waggon of hate.

Thats all.
                  It wasn't a bandwagon of hate, if it had dropped the Indiana Jones brand from it, it would have been quite passable. For something like an entry into The Mummy franchise for example, with Brendan Fraser in the lead.

The problem was, the fans of the Indy saga of old (of which I am proud to consider myself one of) waited decades for a new entry and to be greeted with that which we got, to say we were disappointed would not be doing justice to our feelings on the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                    It wasn't a bandwagon of hate, if it had dropped the Indiana Jones brand from it, it would have been quite passable. For something like an entry into The Mummy franchise for example, with Brendan Fraser in the lead.

The problem was, the fans of the Indy saga of old (of which I am proud to consider myself one of) waited decades for a new entry and to be greeted with that which we got, to say we were disappointed would not be doing justice to our feelings on the matter.
                    Like I said, Bandwagon of hate.

Anyway i still think its a good film that slots along side the others nicley, doesnt bother me what so called "fans" of the series think.

Anyway getting back on topic I think Pirates 4 will be crap and Johnny Depp should scrap this franchise and go make a sequel to Rango or somthing.
                    Last edited by rmoxon; 05-05-2011, 21:45.

Comment

Honestly I give up, it is the weakest film in the IJ series by a country mile to date.

If you enjoyed it then fine, I don't give a **** anymore, I can't reason with you

Comment

Yup, definately the weakest film in the IJ series (is TOD)

I don't think Pirates 4 will be a great film but I'm hopeful it will be an improvement. Personally, crazed Jack aside, I think Pirates 2 is worse than 3. I think the same with Matrix as well, second installments with bloated ideas of grandeur and no pay off.

Comment

Well, so much for artist integrity

Depp is in discussions for formally signing on for Pirates 5 despite previously stating they should have a break. As the film has now passed the $1bn marker Disney is no doubt throwing a mondo-deal his way to snag a quick turn around.

Comment

Best thread ever. 13 posts and seven of those are about Indiana Jones

(You could argue that this post is also about Indiana Jones, in which case it'd be 14 posts with eight about Indiana Jones but let's not get picky!)

Back on topic, ummmm. What was 4 like? I gave up after 3.

Comment

I think they had the best intentions with 4, making it stand alone and much simpler plotted. In the end though being focused on Jack was a mistake and it felt like the writers had run out of ideas. That they've already written 5 worries me.

Comment

Working...
                              X