• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When he said 'avada kedavera' I was sure for a second he said 'Abracadabra'

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
      Not really a plot hole as.....

Draco disarmed Dumbledore, then Harry disarmed Draco thus gaining the allegance of the elder wand. Except Voldermort phisically took the elder wand but not in a magic battle so it's allegance was still with Harry. Using it against Harry to kill him doesnt count as disarming, as Harry would need to be holding the elder wand & Voldermort would have to disarm him with another wand to gain it's allegance. Thats why Voldermorts magic doesnt work properly on Harry & why the avada kedavera spell didn't kill him. And because Voldermort is composed of the blood he took From Harry to come back to life, when Harry sacrificed his life he basically protected everyone from Voldermorts magic as while he trys to use the elder wand to harm, the spells dont hold. It's the same kind of magical protection Lilly gave Harry when she sacrificed herself to save him.
      Except

when Hermione was reading the tale of the three brothers and the Deathly Hallows in part one of the film, it was stated that the brother who asked for the Elder wand had it merely stolen from him, and then his throat slit for good measure. No magical battle, it was physically taken from him, just like Voldemort acquired it I guess...

Of course you could take that merely as part of the "legend" of the tale but... it's a counter point at least heh...
      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
        Except

when Hermione was reading the tale of the three brothers and the Deathly Hallows in part one of the film, it was stated that the brother who asked for the Elder wand had it merely stolen from him, and then his throat slit for good measure. No magical battle, it was physically taken from him, just like Voldemort acquired it I guess...

Of course you could take that merely as part of the "legend" of the tale but... it's a counter point at least heh...

I think that only works if the current holder dies of natural causes. While the wand wasn't physically taken, its owner was defeated and the wand recognises the new owner. After all Malfoy didn't take it from Dumbledore with any magic or even kill him.

Comment

I enjoyed this, but felt it could and should of been much better.

None of the good-guys died on screen, robbing the film of some real emotion

A good way to end the series

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post

I think that only works if the current holder dies of natural causes. While the wand wasn't physically taken, its owner was defeated and the wand recognises the new owner. After all Malfoy didn't take it from Dumbledore with any magic or even kill him.

Draco used Expelliarmus on Dumbledore, thus disarming him that way. Technically Harry ripped Draco's wand from his hand to disarm him. In both cases, the "ownership" of the Elder wand transferred. So why not when Voldemort took Harry's wand?

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Did he not give it up willingly? I can't remember!!

Not seen the movie yet.

Comment

Working...
              X