Recommend me a TV Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi RobRoy

I know its already been said but I have to echo, breaking bad and Mad men, I've not double checked but I dont think anyones mentioned Walking dead??? Shame on you, its bloody good, unfortunately the actual series is of ever so slightly lower quality than the amazingly awesome movie length pilot.

On a side note, whats the general opinion on Game of Thrones, any good?

Comment

I didn't like The Walking Dead that much. First episode started off strong but then it started to go downhill with a terrible finale. I hope it shapes up in the next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
        I didn't like The Walking Dead that much. First episode started off strong but then it started to go downhill with a terrible finale. I hope it shapes up in the next season.
        They tried to alter it from the comics by attemtping to give some half hearted semi explination and hints about what started the outbreak. It was too soon, certainly not the thing they should have been dealing with after 6 episodes.

I still think it was a pretty good show but hopefuly they will not mess up the plot as much next year seeing as how they have a proper length season.

Comment

Another vote for The Shield.

Comment

A mate recently lent me season 1 of Carnivale, was initially reluctant to watch it but it's great, only watched four episodes and am hooked!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
              I think he meant Christina Hendricks' boobs
              Yeah, I was being silly, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                A mate recently lent me season 1 of Carnivale, was initially reluctant to watch it but it's great, only watched four episodes and am hooked!
                don't get too hooked, second season was rubbish and it got binned !

Comment

^Naaaaah, just finished up Season 1, *have* to watch Season 2, no matter how ****e it might potentially be - Brother Justin ftw!!!

Anyway, I won't have to buy it, guy at work's got Season 2 so if it *is* bad, the only thing I'll be losing out on is eleven hours and a bit of my life, no cash will've been squandered.

Comment

Camelot which is starting this weekend on C4
                    The Borgias, starting soon on sky Atlantic

Comment

Few I really enjoy...

Criminal Minds
                      Cold Case
                      Deadwood (just be prepared for ALOT of swearing & some frankly nasty but really well handled racist bits)
                      Jericho
                      Millenium
                      Space: Above & Beyond

And to echo Rmoxon...Supernatural is a must.
                      Every season so far has been a gem, it's funny as fark, moving at times & the use of music is inspired
                      Jared & Jensen are fantastic together (were good in Smallville but amazing in this) & play so well.
                      If you get them on DVD then the out takes are a must...SO SO funny.

I'm currently waiting for the completed season 6 to be released & it seems to be taking forever
                      Not into DL'ing them as I have all the other boxsets so want them all on the shelf together

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Stoppy2000 View Post
                        I'm up to series 3 of Miami Vice, worth getting on dvd in my opinion. And its relatively cheap. It's like a who's who of the 80's! Good tunes too.
                        Yeah, it's like a time tunnel to the 80s. You have the fashion, the hairstyles, the music, and it looks just like Vice City. I think the acting, stories, and overall production... are all great. There are a few weak episodes, but some are nearly as good as a decent movie. I bought the big box set a while back.. for a bargain price. It looks really cool with the palm tree design

Shows that I like:

Fringe: A lot like the X-Files, it has excellent characters and stories.

The Big Bang Theory: Anyone with even the slightest bit of geekiness will love it.

Game of Thrones: High quality, extremely entertaining fantasy style show.

Shows that I've watched and love:

Seinfeld: Classic 90s sitcom, that has a great cast, and each episode has hilarious moments.

Curb Your Enthusiasm: If you like Larry David, you'll love this show.

Peep Show: David Mitchell makes this show extremely watchable; his character is a joy to watch.

Black Books: A really quirky show, with a very surreal 80s feel to it. A classic in my book.

Bottom: I bough the box set to relive my chidhood memories of loving this crazy show - and it didn't disappoint. It's ridiculously funny and surreal.
                        Last edited by Leon Retro; 15-06-2011, 13:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                          Jericho
                          I miss that show sooooooo much.

Comment

Working...
                          X