X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*shrugs*

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      I have only seen about half an hour of it on telly once; I wonder what I’d make of it in the cinema now all these years later.
      It's still, by far, the very best use of cinematic 3D. Cameron did an amazing job of capturing sights that can only be seen in stereoscopic vision; things like shiny leathers, oily liquids, and iridescent surfaces. I find it to be utterly breathtaking, still.

Besides, I'd rather sit through a new Avatar film than any more Marvel/Disney dross any day of the week.

EDIT: Oh ****, this is under Disney now, isn't it? I expect every character to be written the same, and to come out with a lame wisecrack at every available opportunity. At least there won't be an obligatory ****ing Stan Lee cameo (you'd hope(?)).
      Last edited by dataDave; 01-05-2022, 22:21.

Comment

Quaritch's "Avatar" Sequel Return Explained - Dark Horizons
        Quaritch's character returns in the sequels via a transfer of consciousness to an avatar

Sigourney Weaver's "Avatar" Character Revealed - Dark Horizons
        Whilst Weaver is returning too but instead playing an teenage N'avi

Comment

Cameron May Not Direct "Avatar" 4 & 5 - Dark Horizons
          In an interview James Cameron semi-admits that Avatar has fallen outside of the public mindset and he hopes that the September rerelease of the original film will bring it back into focus before the second film launches in December. The second entry seems to be weighing in at a run time of around three hours and Cameron does wonder if the audience exists that did for the original saying if it did 20-30% less that would be bad suggesting that more than $2bn is the target Way of the Water is aiming for.

Cameron hopes he will be able to direct Avatar 4 but looks to be aiming to pass the final entry over to another director.

Comment

Horse ****ing blue people from outer space is a far catchier name

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
              Horse ****ing blue people from outer space is a far catchier name
              lol, at least that would peak my interest. Avatar just doesn't do anything for me. Personally I don't even like the design of the characters.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Finally!

Comment

It's a huge risk. Number 2 isn't even out

Comment

"Avatar" Sequel Clocks In At 190 Mins - Dark Horizons
                        Avatar: The Way of Water is 3hr 10m long

Comment

Comment

I'll go and see it.

Comment

Way of Water - water bound
                              Seed Bearer - underground
                              Tulkun Rider - sky based
                              Quest for Eywa - .....

Comment

Having rewatched the first one before going to Florida and then going on the Avatar ride at Animal Kingdom, I am well up for this.
                                Also excited at the prospect of a few more 3D showings likely to be available.

Seeing Jaws 3D the other week made it feel like the format still has (sea) legs.

I'm a bit bored of the cynicism around these films.

Comment

Working...
                                X