No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
    I don't think so. I went through all the options to check but didn't see anything like that.
    I also have the Filmmaker option set to on. This will automatically switch the TV in to 24 fps mode. None of my BlueRays look strange but Batman (newest one) and Dune via Netflix both looked too smooth in areas.
    I also noticed that while the Witcher was perfect throughout both seasons, the making of is running at a higher frame rate.
    I wonder if this is Just a Netflix thing? Amazon Prime doesn't seem affected and even shows the notification that the TV is running in Flimmaker mode. I'm using both internal apps on my LG.
    Aye, these LGs are dead simple to calibrate properly. No idea what you’re experiencing here.

You have The Batman and Dune on your Netflix? It’s proper crap here in NL, we have nothing worthwhile - just a pile of their own B-movie direct-to-DVD like garbage that I completely skip over. At €16 a month I’m more than eager to cancel, but then the boy will miss his Power Rangers.

Comment

Yep, both The Batman and Dune are on Netflix here. There's a lot of good stuff but also a lot that is missing.
      Being Japan, there's a load of anime movies too.

Comment

Yep, both The Batman and Dune are on Netflix here. There's a lot of good stuff but also a lot that is missing.

Comment

I was wary about the HFR when they said it was being used in the film after how bad the Hobbit films looked and the sequences in Gemini Man but I presumed Cameron was planning on having it engage in short bursts, perhaps seconds in length at moments where it would enhance an otherwise visually unclear moment, fast movement etc so it didn't help at all when it turned out he just switched it on and off like it was a menu setting. Next month they're rereleasing Titanic again and have have remastered it to now have a HFR version which I can only imagine with further the set feel parts of that film have due to its age.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            I was wary about the HFR when they said it was being used in the film after how bad the Hobbit films looked and the sequences in Gemini Man but I presumed Cameron was planning on having it engage in short bursts, perhaps seconds in length at moments where it would enhance an otherwise visually unclear moment, fast movement etc so it didn't help at all when it turned out he just switched it on and off like it was a menu setting. Next month they're rereleasing Titanic again and have have remastered it to now have a HFR version which I can only imagine with further the set feel parts of that film have due to its age.
            That would be an interesting, less invasive method - much like variable framerates with G-Sync/Freesync.

Surely any HFR remasters of anything not natively shot in HFR would end up being resorted to frame-interpolation?

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
              To be fair we've got a ton of good classic anime, as well as most of the Ghibli films, but then I've already seen everything so many times that I don't need subs anymore. It's a good job, as the only subtitles available are in Dutch or German! >_<

Comment

I tried reading up on what the approach is to the HFR remasters but there's so much word waffle to try and make it sound fancy. I might be off with this but the broad stroke seems to be that a 24fps film can be remastered frame by frame and those remastered frames can then be digitally altered to make the 48fps - presumably filling in the gaps. Filmmakers can then manually introduce judder to try and create a balance between the higher frame rate and the 'cinematic' look 24fps have that helps avoid the soap opera effect. I suppose the main issue is that the Avatar remaster and Avatar: TWOW use the same tech so that latter application doesn't work. I saw Titanic on the last rerelease with the 3D HDR added and that added almost nothing, seems like an unnecessary push to apply these things to a film never made with them in mind.

Comment

Avatar 4 has been reaffirmed as still on track for 18 December 2026 with Avatar 5 on 22 December 2028

Comment

Disney Delays Marvel, Avatar, Star Wars Films - Dark Horizons
                    This thread is going to run a long time as Disney have delayed all the Avatar sequels by multiple years

Comment

"Avatar" Pair Respond To Sequel Delays - Dark Horizons
                      Zoe Saldana has tweeted in response to the Avatar sequel delays saying "Great! I'm gonna be 53 when the last 'Avatar' comes out. I was 27 when I shot the very first Avatar"

Comment

"By the time “Avatar 5” hits in 2031, director James Cameron will be 76, Sam Worthington will be 54 and Sigourney Weaver will be dead."

Comment

"Avatar 3" Still Needs Two Years Of Post - Dark Horizons
                          Seems the risk of further delay still hangs over the coming films

Comment

Landau Debunks "Avatar 3" Title Report - Dark Horizons​
                            The subtitle of the third film will be changed

Comment

Cameron Already Mulling "Avatar" 6 & 7 - Dark Horizons
                              They had drifted away but Cameron has said that concepts are flaoting for the sixth and seventh entries in the franchise. He talks about these being where someone else steps in to direct suggesting he will see the first five through fully himself.

Comment

Working...
                              X