Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Producer Jon Landau revealed on Sunday that production of the “Avatar” sequels includes underwater performance capture scenes. Speaking at the NAB Technology Summit on Cinema, Landau said: “We have kept a team of digital artists on from Avatar in order to test how we can create performance capture underwater. We could simulate water [in computer […]

Talk of motion capping underwater scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
      Is the 3D really that essential to the film? I've only seen Avatar in 2D.
      There hasn't been 3D like it since.

Dudes in the film are sat at 3D displays WITHIN a 3D movie FFS!!1 It's like when you pause a 3DS game and the 3D pause menu layers over the 3D game in the background.

Liquids and perspex and other textures look as they do when looking at them with two eyes in real life.

Comment

James Cameron and 20th Century Fox have announced and expanded their plans for the upcoming “Avatar” sequels. No longer content with just a trilogy, the filmmaker and studio have revealed that a fourth film in the series will be made to go along with the previously announced second and third. In fact, the three sequels […]

Avatar 4 is official. Cameron will make three films at the same time LotR style and release them each year starting 2016.

I know Avatar was huge business and all but I can't help feel Fox is rolling a dice on this one.

Comment

$3 billion says they end up being a success...

I did wonder if there needs to be any more Avatar films though. The original is a standalone beauty of a film and I hope it will age well. The film that had to have The Last Airbender added to it could have been great if that reject of a film director hadn't have totally destroyed the characters and source material! I can't think of any other director who continues to make worse films with each successive picture and continues to be employed by Hollywood.

There's an idea. Why not let James Cameron direct the film version of The Last Airbender? (whilst purging Shayalaman's effort from history). At least he'd try to make an entertaining picture.
          Last edited by Paddy; 03-08-2013, 15:50.

Comment

Say they make 3 more films. How exactly will the blue cats defeat the humans when they come back in bigger numbers with military grade equipment? or... er... just use some sort of ion cannon to blast the place from orbit and still mine the minerals?

Comment

I don't doubt they'll make Fox plenty money but I'm also fully expecting each one to earn a good chunk less than the entry before it.

Comment

After two “Terminator” films and “True Lies,” could James Cameron and Arnold Schwarzenegger be re-teaming again for a fourth time? Latino Review reports that Arnold Schwarzenegger will take on the role of a villain, a human general, in the upcoming “Avatar” sequel. Of course, scheduling would have to be worked out, and it’s unclear whether […]

Schwarzeneggar is rumoured to be the human big bad. Already this is better than the first.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                  http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/286...-onto-avatar-2

Schwarzeneggar is rumoured to be the human big bad. Already this is better than the first.
                  if its true this will suck big time, his screen presence is lost ( have seen his last film? total ****!!!)

Comment

And the villain is...

The villain of the first “Avatar” movie is coming back for the sequels. Filmmaker James Cameron has confirmed that actor Stephen Lang’s Colonel Miles Quaritch character will be part of the next three films in the series. He tells Deadline: “Steven was so memorable in the first film, we’re privileged to have him back. I’m […]

Same one as the first film

Comment

Having struck a deal with the New Zealand government for increased production subsidies, director James Cameron is officially set to shoot all three “Avatar” sequels in that country. Cameron says all three films will be shot back-to-back and released from late 2016. The combined budget is said to be at least $415 million U.S. dollars. […]

Cameron has secured funding in New Zealand to make the next 3 Avatar films, Avatar 2 being lined up for a 2016 release

Comment

Why is there going to be 3 more????

There's barely enough content for a second.

I'm predicting insane levels of ****iness.

Comment

I'm still expecting the second to do monster business and 3 and 4 see takings tail off.

Comment

Following on from yesterday’s confirmation about the New Zealand-based filming of James Cameron’s $415 million+ new “Avatar” trilogy, more details about the three sequels have come to light via further reports from that press conference announcement. Cameron spoke a bit about the story, saying it will explore different Na’vi cultures as well the cultures of […]

Cameron likens the second films character focus to a family saga like Godfather.

Comment

In the least surprising casting news of the past few months, Sam Worthington and Zoe Saldana are now officially confirmed to be reprising their roles in James Cameron’s upcoming three “Avatar” sequels at 20th Century Fox. In an official statement, Cameron says: “Jake Sully is a rare combination of passion, strength, street smarts and soul, […]

Worthington and Saldana are now signed for Avatar 2, 3 and 4

Comment

Recently confirmed to be hopping onboard the upcoming Avatar sequels, Zoe Saldana spoke with MTV about her return to the franchise and how series creator James Cameron explained the sequels to her: “I went down to the studio that they’ve been setting up for the past three years. It was wonderful. Jim took us and […]

Saldana talks coming back, I'm curious how long filming will take on these given it's three films back to back. Maybe not too long given it's motion cap, more so given the timing, how well it fits with Star Trek XIII which they're rapidly moving on and she's locked to be in

Comment

Working...
                                X