Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe how many sequels they're doing!

I really enjoyed Avatar and the 3D was revolutionary at the time, but it feels like prime time for a sequel has long passed.
    I enjoyed Dredd, Gravity and The Two Doctors in 3D, but since Avatar came out, there's only been a handful of well-realised 3D films and people haven't really bitten when it comes to it at home.

I can't underestimate James Cameron though - I've loved all the films he's directed (I haven't seen all those underwater documentaries he's made) and Avatar is the highest-grossing movie of all time, so the sequels will make some money, I guess...

Comment

Titanic really chimp you love Titanic? is it because you have a fantasy to be on the front of a ship with Leonardo DiCaprio's bonner pushing in your back shouting "I'm the King of the world"

Avatar wasn't even an original film, it took the story of Last of the Mohicans/Dances With Wolves/The last samurai* and put ****e lanky blue smurfs things, I'm not sure how they will spin this out into another three films theirs barely enough content for one.

*outsider spends time with community he is originally fighting against, develops sympathies, then joins them.

Comment

And beastiality, don't forget... Avatar has that too

Comment

ah yes using there sexual organs to control them flying horse things, yeah ban this sick filth

Comment

I tried to watch Avatar on the TV and found it to be incredibly simplistic, naive crap full of soulless CG. Can't believe it was from the same director as the Terminator and Aliens, but then again something happens to people when they grow old, they become too careful and lose their balls apparently. It happened to Lucas and Peter Jackson too.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
              Titanic really chimp you love Titanic? is it because you have a fantasy to be on the front of a ship with Leonardo DiCaprio's bonner pushing in your back shouting "I'm the King of the world"
              I am the King of The World! Titanic was worth a watch, I thought. Even if just for the wicked bit where some CGI dude falls off the back of the boat and bounces off the propeller. Oh and Kate's chebs.

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
              Avatar wasn't even an original film, it took the story of Last of the Mohicans/Dances With Wolves/The last samurai* and put ****e lanky blue smurfs things, I'm not sure how they will spin this out into another three films theirs barely enough content for one.

*outsider spends time with community he is originally fighting against, develops sympathies, then joins them.
              It's ripped off based on Pocahantas...

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

It's ripped off based on Pocahantas...

That is fantastic bets on film two being based on that Disney classic The Little Mermaid 2: return to the sea

Comment

James Cameron has confirmed that actress Sigourney Weaver will appear in his next three “Avatar” films. Considering Weaver’s character Grace Augustine died in the first film, how will she return? Cameron says she’ll be playing another character: “Sigourney and I have a long creative history, dating back to 1985 when we made Aliens. We’re good […]

Sigourney Weaver is officially signed for all three sequels

Comment

James Cameron has told the Associated Press this week that production on the “Avatar” sequels has been pushed back. As a result, the trilogy of new films won’t start hitting cinemas until Christmas 2017, a year later than originally planned. Part of the issue is the simultaneous filming of the trilogy: “We’re not just going […]

James Cameron has confirmed that the planned Avatar sequels have all been delayed by a year

Comment

I have still never watched Avatar in its entirety but given how well it did, I find myself a little surprised by how little the universe seems to care about it. If this was a Twilight sequel (which I also haven't seen), there would be uproar. Am I wrong or has this film left no lasting impression even among the audience who must have gone to see it more than once?

Comment

Is it perhaps because it was one of the most artistically void movies ever? I mean, it looked like one of those Army Men spin off games.

Comment

Well, Avatar was in 2009, so nearly half a decade has passed and the 3D thing became massive for a while then died down again (Quantum Dot technology is the new 4K, don't you know?).

Twilight came out in 2008 and banged out a sequel every year for the next four years, so that's going to be fresher in some people's minds.

The 3D was a big thing at the time and it once again offered cinema goers an experience they couldn't get at home. The 3D was very good, but the film was ultimately a little formulaic (it follows the story structure to Pocahontas pretty closely).

It's been a while and I'll probably need to watch the first film as a reminder, but if anyone can do a sequel that arguably betters the original, then James Cameron's your man. Just look at Terminator 2, Aliens and erm, Piranha II.

Comment

Given the success it had I can understand a sequel being greenlit but I do get the impression that Cameron and Fox underestimate the originals reliance on 3D for its success. It really was the spearhead of the last 3D revival and the hype wave carried the film a lot, peeps got it home though and the love quickly disappeared as the films weaknesses were quickly exposed. The long delay is a mistake as well, despite the originals success and faith in Cameron to make a better sequel it feels like a big gamble to commission a whole trilogy of the stuff. These will be coming out against SW Eps 8-9 and I can imagine them getting hammered by that competition.

Cameron seems to really want his name defining franchise, sadly for him it always has been and always will Terminator... The franchise he relinquished control over

Comment

James Cameron and his writing team have been hard at work on the scripts for a new trilogy of films set in the “Avatar” universe. However, there may be more than just a second, third and fourth “Avatar” on the way. Cameron’s longtime composer James Horner recently spoke with HeyUGuys where he revealed that Cameron’s […]

Furthering the idea that Cameron is getting obsessed with these far beyond what he should be, apparently his current work is on getting the scripts and treatments down so as not to spill over into making Avatar 5.

Comment

For those keen to revisit Pandora, you’ll have to wait just a little longer. Speaking yesterday at the Gabelli & Company’s Movie & Entertainment Conference in New York City, 20th Century Fox chairman-CEO Jim Gianopulos confirmed that the three “Avatar” sequels are now slated for Christmas Day releases in 2017, 2018 and 2019. Why the […]

Fox have locked Avatar 2, 3 and 4 in for releases Xmas 2017, 2018 and 2019. High risk of clash with a Star Wars film there

Comment

Working...
                                X