Mass Effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mass Effect

The Mass Effect movie is alive and kicking, and will be discussed at this year's Comic-Con. Later this month Mass Effec…

All had died off on this but it appears Bioware and the script writer will be appearing and discussing the Warner Brothers/Legendary Pictures adaptation at Comic-Con this month. Presumably it's going to form part of the WB's Post-Potter drive to create major franchises. They'll no doubt be boring and keep Shepherd a man

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...movie-is-alive

All had died off on this but it appears Bioware and the script writer will be appearing and discussing the Warner Brothers/Legendary Pictures adaptation at Comic-Con this month. Presumably it's going to form part of the WB's Post-Potter drive to create major franchises. They'll no doubt be boring and keep Shepherd a man

They will probably cast jason statham as shepherd with his awsome american accent

Comment

Theres a reason Shepard is a man on the Box, its males the series is obviously aiming at, being that probably alot more males than females will play the game.

Which means that it would make sense for him to be male in the film too.

Plus I never really understood why some men like to play Mass Effect as a female... arent you suppose to feel like you ARE the character? Do lots of male gamers secretly want to be female?

Comment

I play ME games as a female Shepherd. I might have played as the male if he wasn't such a bland, generic none entity. For such a rich universe that's been created the male Shepherd is really dull with the added bonus that the voice acting on the female Shepherd is vastly superior. Down with generic space marines! Up with boobies!

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
          Theres a reason Shepard is a man on the Box, its males the series is obviously aiming at, being that probably alot more males than females will play the game.

Which means that it would make sense for him to be male in the film too.

Plus I never really understood why some men like to play Mass Effect as a female... arent you suppose to feel like you ARE the character? Do lots of male gamers secretly want to be female?
          Female Shepherd is a much more interesting character. Jennifer Hale is an amazing voice actress.

Comment

Bah, can just smell the crackling plastic fizz of the CGI...

Multiple hours of quite lovely imagination-connection pur?ed into 118 Hollywood minutes, all superfluous and unfitting. Do not NEED.

(Guy from Lost as Shepard, Kurt Russell as some 'dignitary' in a galactic court on some star, Nigel Havers voiceover for small, friendly, ball-shaped governor-alien/funny pet named 'Kewie'. Joel Haley Osment returns in CGI form from A.I. Artificial Intelligence, voiced over by sampled Yamaha keyboard voices ripped directly from Macaulay Culkin's role as 'Thomas' in My Girl).
            Last edited by JazzFunk; 08-07-2011, 04:09. Reason: (to italicize 'Lost'...)

Comment

Turns out the Comic-Con panel was a non-event, some chatter about the series but nothing really on the film project

Comment

Working...
              X