No announcement yet.

Show us your latest Blu Ray/DVD purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=5490]wakka[/MENTION] [MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION] [MENTION=4034]Atticus[/MENTION]

You lot should be ashamed of yourselves.

Never seen Casablanca?! Pssht!!!

Comment

I’m intrigued that it’s 15-rated (while hanging my head in shame, of course)

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        I’m intrigued that it’s 15-rated (while hanging my head in shame, of course)
        There's a lot of smoking.

EDIT: Actually, the film has always been a U so maybe the special features are pushing up these rating?

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
          [MENTION=5490]wakka[/MENTION] [MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION] [MENTION=4034]Atticus[/MENTION]

You lot should be ashamed of yourselves.

Never seen Casablanca?! Pssht!!!
          Oh give over you. I've not seen it either.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
            Oh give over you. I've not seen it either.
            I've only ever seen it once & couldn't understand the hype

No need to ever see it again, it really isn't that important

Neil

Comment

I hate those judgey articles that list the films/books/games you HAVE to had seen/read/played.

Not everybody likes the same thing.

I understand Casablanca is a classic and worth seeing, but it's never motivated me to go out of my way to see it and somehow life goes on.

EDIT: I don't mind "If you liked this, then check out these", I mean ones like "100 books you HAVE to read before you die", with that condescending tone like you're a troglodyte if you've never slogged through The Canterbury Tales and a better person than someone who read and enjoyed Ready Player One.
              Last edited by QualityChimp; 05-07-2021, 09:47.

Comment

Yeah, it's a snore. The thing with Casablanca though is that it's something that should be totally up my alley (and it's my Dad's favourite film, and we have similar taste for the most part). So it's not just something I feel duty bound to watch!

This just came through the door:

Yes, I do have a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  I hate those judgey articles that list the films/books/games you HAVE to had seen/read/played.

Not everybody likes the same thing.

I understand Casablanca is a classic and worth seeing, but it's never motivated me to go out of my way to see it and somehow life goes on.

EDIT: I don't mind "If you liked this, then check out these", I mean ones like "100 books you HAVE to read before you die", with that condescending tone like you're a troglodyte if you've never slogged through The Canterbury Tales and a better person than someone who read and enjoyed Ready Player One.
                  Yeah I have never bought into any of those junk lists
                  I'll watch what I want to watch & enjoy everything I watch not work through a list of mostly junk I'll never enjoy

I watched Casablanca back in the late 90s when I was going through a stage of being into prohibition & early gangster films so watched the Edward G & James Cagney movies but felt I needed to see Casablanca & Maltese falcon as well but unlike movies like White Heat, Angels with Dirty Faces & Little Ceaser which I could watch over & over Casablanca just left me a bit cold

Maltese falcon is a much better Bogart movie but seems everyone holds Casablanca in much higher esteem

Neil

Comment

New arrival today 3D Godzilla Vs Kong

Neil

Comment

So is this a US import?

Am I right in thinking 3D discs are all region-free?

Comment

So is this a US import?

Tis indeed

According to Blu-Ray.com it is region free
                        I'll check at lunchtime for you though

Wasn't bloody cheap either over £30!

Neil

Comment

To answer the question about all 3D discs, no, not all of them are region free, but some are

All UHDs are region free (with the exception of one or possibly two discs).

Comment

Cheers Wakkster, worth knowing.

Happy with a mix of DVD and Blu-Rays, tbh and will skip UHD stuff and wait until the generation after that, where you inject films straight into your eyeballs or summat.

Comment

So is this a US import?

Definitely region free for 3D my good sir

Neil

Comment

You think Godzilla Vs. Kong is an epic battle?

You should see my rational bargain-hunting mind battling with my kaiju-loving heart over investing £30 for one film!

Comment

Working...
                                X