Show us your latest Blu Ray/DVD purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
    Agreed! The main downside I can see is that it doesn't include the original ending song (Netflix version doesn't either), Fly Me To The Moon because of the exorbitant licensing cost (apparently somewhere in the region of the cost of a house per episode). So while plenty of people were quick to question the claim of "Ultimate Edition" I think it is about the best they can do realistically.
    That's disappointing they couldn't nail that down. Bit of a deal breaker for me ... those end credits are a big part of the enjoyment of watching an episode.

Should have kept my VHS versions

Comment

Visually I like the look of that set, but for hard copies I'm still sat on the R1 DVD set (which *does* have Fly Me to the Moon!) and I'm not sure I can justify the slightly sideways upgrade. I do like that it at least contains the movies too though!

Comment

Yeah it does seem like glaring omission, I can live with it though... Until the situation changes and they release another ultimate edition with the songs reintroduced, probably. lol

Comment

I picked up Captain Marvel 3D.
          Just Endgame to get of the Marvel 3D films.

Comment

Some recent gets

Comment

I love Blow Out. Brilliant film.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                Some recent gets

I've still never seen Eraserhead

My most recent pick ups

Neil

Comment

Good work all round, team!

Comment

Childhood memories would have never looked so good. Well, besides the Anniversary 4K UHD of The Never Ending Story I picked up earlier this year.

35th Anniversary edition of Labyrinth - 4K UHD with HDR and all that jazz.

The box looks nice.

But then we take it out of the slip case and we get a lovely velvety feeling book that contains the UHD movie plus 25 minutes of never before seen cut footage. And the standard Blue Ray with the 1080p version and a load of bonus (many that were on the last Labyrinth Blu-ray release)

And of course a book wouldn't be a book without some pages.

Comment

Finally had my copy of the 35th Anniversary Transformers The Movie Steelbook arrive this week

It was remarkably unscathed as well considering this is what Amazon thought was suitable packaging for a Steelbook

Looking forward to another viewing but in full on HDR this time

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                        Finally had my copy of the 35th Anniversary Transformers The Movie Steelbook arrive this week

It was remarkably unscathed as well considering this is what Amazon thought was suitable packaging for a Steelbook

Looking forward to another viewing but in full on HDR this time

Neil
                        That's the same ****ty packing Amazon US used to send my Steel book Transformers in and my Labyrinth BluRay above also came in that packing. Not cool for overseas delivery.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                          That's the same ****ty packing Amazon US used to send my Steel book Transformers in and my Labyrinth BluRay above also came in that packing. Not cool for overseas delivery.
                          Pretty crappy isn't it??
                          I'd have been pissed if it was damaged
                          Seems a weird choice considering the OTT boxes you get for some bits you order from them

Neil

Comment

First buy in a while. Beautiful set. Cannot wait to watch Taxi Driver.

Comment

Great stuff. I really like how all the films come in their own Amaray cases. Very nice. Taxi Driver will be epic, but it is funny that Stripes is one of the selected films! I like it, but, yeah. Not one that I would've seen as a priority candidate for a premium UHD release

Comment

Couple of LEs and a bunch of CEX cheapies

Comment

Working...
                                X