Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oi oi, Sunshine!

Need a bit of a Danny Boyle marathon.
    Not seen Shallow Grave since VHS, not seen Trainspotting 2 (didn't think it needed a sequel, tbh) and never got around to 127 hours (mainly because people fell over themselves to spoil it).

Comment

T2 is a really worthy sequel QC. If you were there for (and enjoyed) the first film you’ll really connect with the second.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        T2 is a really worthy sequel QC. If you were there for (and enjoyed) the first film you’ll really connect with the second.
        I'm a bit worried it'll just make me feel old!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          I'm a bit worried it'll just make me feel old!
          Haha, it does, but in a good way. A shared way.

The team could have made it long before they did but they only pulled the trigger when something that felt just right came together.

Comment

I should post here that I got the Bond Collection after it dropped to £35 on Amazon.

There seems to be a selection of editions, including the Bond 50 (with no Spectre) and another collection that had a booklet with the movie covers (but no Spectre) and this same collection that only had space for spectre (with a cardboard disc!).

Looks like all the extras that were on the previous discs have carried over, but I don't know if anything's missing because it was a double-disc, although you can fit more on a BR than DVD, so assume it's all carried over.

Not got to the classics, yet, but been watching the Craigs in prep for NTTD on Thursday!

Not my pic, but it looks like this:

Comment

35 quid for all that? Bargain!
              I'll be in the cinema on October 1st when it opens here. Since Japan is 9 hours ahead now, that would still be the 30th in the UK.

Comment

Could be in for a bit of fear on Friday tonight

Comment

Yassss!

Am I right in thinking this is Region 1, though, rather than a UK release?

Watched this again on Netflix and the quality difference of the picture is so much better than the version on Prime I bought a few years back.

Less cuts too, I noticed.
                  The "misfire" section cuts as she puts her hands to her mouth but the Netflix version lingers for ages and we see a cockroach 🪳 crawl out of her mouth. Ewww.

Comment

Am I right in thinking this is Region 1, though, rather than a UK release?
                    Yes, the blu-ray disc will be locked I think, and although UHD discs are pretty much all region-free, the special features are generally all on the blu, as they are here.

We were looking for III on Netflix a couple of weeks ago but we couldn’t find it. Good to hear it’s in the mix

Comment

TBH, it's a film I love and it's the extras I'd like to check out, so it's a shame that it's yet another release that didn't make it to the UK, like the 2012 Shout! Factory, 2014 Anchor Bay and the 2018 Shout! Factory releases.

Looks like there's a 6 minute documentary about making the masks that's new, but everything else is from the 2012 release, so the extras and commentary tracks are locked to the Region A disc. Boooo!

Looks like there are a few commentaries on YouTube. If I can find one that has loads of anecdotes from its production and isn't trying to snark all over it, I might give them a go!

Let me know if you find time to watch it, Atticus!

Comment

Halloween 3 is absolutely great, I love pretty much everything about it. The best part is how much of a drunk the main guy Dan Challis is - he goes from daytime drinking in a bar to jumping into a car with a 6-pack of beer to arriving at the destination and declaring "it's pretty late, I could do with a drink" then wandering down to an off-licence for a bottle of spirits.

There's a really good sale on Arrow Films Blurays at the moment, both on the Arrow and HMV websites (latter seems generally lower but the odd one is cheaper from Arrow directly). Loads of stuff going for £8.

Comment

I like it when the hobo bumps into him and the hobo says "That bottle looks pretty heavy. Thought I might help you make it a little lighter."

I love how all the women fancy him.
                          He's just boned the grieving widow and calls the pathologist for an update and she says "you owe me a whole load of dinner for this" "I'd go to dinner with you any time." Always keeping his options open. Man Plan.
                          Even the older nurse seems sweet on him, rather than making him do his job.

Love how his ex-wife is reduced to a Charlie Brown-esque nagging down a handset for the rest of the film.

Did you know the curfew announcer in Santa Mira is also the narrator from the start of Escape From New York?

Will check out those Arrow sales, but there are some really odd choices to remaster!

Comment

Some new arrivals for me recently starting with today's one...Zavvi LE of Transformers: The Movie 35th anniversary edition

Which means I now own the movie 5 times on Blu-ray alone

Then from a couple of weeks ago

WEET Single Lenticular Thor Ragnarok

Finally Night of the Animated Dead which as the title suggests is an animated version of Night of the Living Dead

Neil

Comment

Nice picks [MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION] … never heard of Night of the Animated Dead but I might have to pick it up.

Comment

Not being rude, but watch the trailer before buying as it's a little crude, IMHO.
                                I think they dropped the ball with how janky the animation is. A real missed opportunity.
                                Definitely don't watch it after the world class animation of Transformers: The Movie!

Side note: both the Romero and Savini versions of NotLD are on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                                X