No announcement yet.

Show us your latest Blu Ray/DVD purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm 15 minutes into the Savini version and it's pretty poor.

I remember watching it as a teenager with a load of people and warning them how potentially gory it would be after the graphic gore of Day of the Dead, but everyone after this going "What's the big deal?" as it's comparatively tame, even cheesy.

Soundtrack is hella cheap too, especially compared to the Day John Harrison score (or Goblin Dawn score).

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      Nice picks [MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION] … never heard of Night of the Animated Dead but I might have to pick it up.
      Thanks buddy
      Yeah I sort of stumbled on it as well

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      Not being rude, but watch the trailer before buying as it's a little crude, IMHO.
      I think they dropped the ball with how janky the animation is. A real missed opportunity.
      Definitely don't watch it after the world class animation of Transformers: The Movie!

Side note: both the Romero and Savini versions of NotLD are on YouTube.
      Had actually heard it's not great animation wise but I'm that into the movies as a whole that I thought I'd give it a go anyway

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      I'm 15 minutes into the Savini version and it's pretty poor.

I remember watching it as a teenager with a load of people and warning them how potentially gory it would be after the graphic gore of Day of the Dead, but everyone after this going "What's the big deal?" as it's comparatively tame, even cheesy.

Soundtrack is hella cheap too, especially compared to the Day John Harrison score (or Goblin Dawn score).
      I honestly can't remember much of the Savini version so I must have blanked a lot of it out in the years after watching it lol

I do wonder if I should try the 3D version one day though

Neil

Comment

Obviously, I'm not trying to slag off your purchase, just steering Atticus as I was disappointed when I saw the trailer.

I've actually just finished watching the Savini version and it's definitely pretty weak. I've seen worse though!

Some elements are interesting if you like the original as it differs a bit.

I particularly like how Barbara is a badass in this, rather than than how she breaks down in the original.

I've got the 3D Day of the Dead, but it's not a canon version or a remake.
        Last edited by QualityChimp; 22-10-2021, 09:38.

Comment

Latest picks

Comment

Had my eye on The Servant, very nice score.

I've still never seen Inglourious Basterds

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
              Had my eye on The Servant, very nice score.

Get. Out.

Comment

Nice gets [MENTION=4034]Atticus[/MENTION]

I've seen but never really understood all the accolades
                Sure it's s good movie but just doesn't grab me like it seemed to grab everyone else

Worth watching once or twice but not more than that IMO

Neil

Comment

I love IB!

I own it on Blu but I'll watch it if I'm flicking through the channels and it's on an SD channel with adverts because I just get caught up in the tension and drama. It's brilliant!!

Comment

Just sat in front of your top of the line OLED watching films on ITV4. We've talked about this Teddy.

Comment

Just sat in front of your top of the line OLED watching films on ITV4. We've talked about this Teddy.
                      How very dare you!!!

It's Film4! Film4!!

Also, if I'm feeling really seedy, I'll turn motion smoothing on so it all looks like a soap opera.

Comment

This is probably going to be my favourite release of the year … all that 70s gloss paint blood for the HDR to play with

Comment

And just for good measure

Comment

The Guest is really good. Far better than I expected it to be.

Comment

I love The Guest!

It's a bit of a running joke with my mates because I kept trying to get them to watch it at our pre-Pandemic movie nights and it kept getting vetoed, despite me knowing they'd love it.

Eventually gave up only to find out later on they finally watched it and sheepishly admitted it was great.

Comment

Yeah, it’s not very often a nice surprise like The Guest comes along. It’s so good. This release, hefty as it is, is pushing the limits of what is okay to charge for one film but I couldn’t resist. It’s a real fave among me and my mates too.

Comment

Working...
                                X