X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
    Thanks buddy

Not seen them yet but I'm so obsessed I needed to be a completist lol
    That said you definitely need Star of Milos as that's the last Movie so can tie stuff up I would expect.

I'm quite looking forward to watching the extra 16 mini episodes on the OVA though...the comedy in the series is just fantastic & I'm hoping the mini's carry on the trend

Oh & word of warning the US Blu-Rays are region locked just in case but they are so worth getting...the Quality is fantastic

Neil
    Ordered!! Thanks!! No worries on the region lock my player is already multi-region!

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
      Ordered!! Thanks!! No worries on the region lock my player is already multi-region!
      Sweet

Ah that's cool I actually picked up a separate Panasonic Region A player simply for the odd the Anime & Horror title that might not get a UK release & I'm so glad I did...best ?80 I ever spent on BD related stuff's

Neil

Comment

my Pioneer LX55 has the multi-region mod, you just select region with the remote!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
          my Pioneer LX55 has the multi-region mod, you just select region with the remote!!
          Nice!!

Mines an archaic BD30...takes ages to boot a disc but it's pretty good & for ?80 delivered no way I could pass it up.

Got some great Region locked titles that I would have missed out on if not for having it.

Neil

Comment

The Works have rucks of these DVDs for a quid, especially the X-Men titles.

Bought these for the kids to appreciate what animation used to look like!

Comment

Battleship steel has been posted

Amazon has run out of stock which is mental - ?15 price tag probably helped

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                Battleship steel has been posted

Amazon has run out of stock which is mental - ?15 price tag probably helped
                Mine arrived from Play yesterday...not seen the film so it's a total blind buy for me

Neil

Comment

For a film based on a board game it's actually quite entertaining

Load of old hokum but entertaining nevertheless

Comment

I wouldn't mind watching it but personally can't stand Rihanna! Is she in it much or more like the pussy cat doll woman in Men in Black 3?

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                      For a film based on a board game it's actually quite entertaining

Load of old hokum but entertaining nevertheless
                      Sounds pretty fine to me

Originally posted by koopatroopa90 View Post
                      I wouldn't mind watching it but personally can't stand Rihanna! Is she in it much or more like the pussy cat doll woman in Men in Black 3?
                      From the looks of things she's in it for the entire film which isn't generally a good thing but I'm willing to overlook the fact for **** blowing up & a story that makes little sense but looks pretty

Neil

Comment

She is in it s fair bit but again she is surprisingly alright - she isn't really challenged by holding yorik's skull to be honest but just disengage your brain and things will be alright

Special effects are very transformer like and when things are moving mechanically there are sounds that more than resemble sounds from unicron (not a geek and might have gotten that wrong) but you would think hasbro would make things a little different

But little things like the weapons the baddies use are pegs from the board game made me smile

Comment

I thought battleship was an entertaining brainless action flick. The first 40mins do want to make you kill yourself. The special effects are fantastic.

Comment

Another point from me that might not effect lots of people

Obviously people who know me know that I'm pretty upto date with modern naval warfare and tactics and some of the stuff in the film just made me go, never happen - nope - really I don't think so - WTF - face palm

But I left with a smile on my face - the ending credits bit it dum though and doesn't really reflect my homeland lol

Comment

I thought battleship was pretty awful.

Im all for brainless blockbusters but they still have to entertain.

The main character is a complete nob and his transformation into a hero was not be believable at all. The action sequences were just loads of loud noises, they had no sense of geography and were basically just a series of explosions. The film has no story, and the events of the film don't even make sense to the point that it's almost a farcical experience. Only it's the type of farce isn't actually funny (despite its incredibly forced attempts at humour)
                              Last edited by rmoxon; 19-08-2012, 22:22.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X