No announcement yet.

Show us your latest Blu Ray/DVD purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, was lucky to pop in … mail order can be a crapshoot.

EDIT: You’re more than welcome to a loan [MENTION=5490]wakka[/MENTION] once I’ve watched it
    Last edited by Atticus; 04-02-2022, 10:46.

Comment

That's very kind, I might just take you up on that - perhaps at some point down the line we could do a swap

Comment

Despite my best efforts to be good I picked up 4 new releases this week

Comment

>Be me
          >Dutifully put Ghostbusters 3, Dune and Censor at the top of your rental lists on their release day
          >Wait for rental discs to arrive
          >Receive Shawshank Redemption and Memento instead
          >See Atticus's post
          >Snap rental discs in half in fury
          >Spend money that could've been spent on new UHDs on replacing rental discs

j/k

That's good work! Censor is the one that's really piquing my interest, curious to hear how you find it.

Comment

All 4 are blind buys as I missed them all at the pics. Only watched Dune so far. I'll share my thoughts on the others

Comment

I've not watched any either! Not been to the cinema since 2019. Looking forward to your impressions and I'll share mine once I've viewed them.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                Not been to the cinema since 2019..
                Same. And it's weird.

Although I have been spending a fortune renting movies digitally full price as soon as they come out. Then buying them on blu-ray.

Comment

Today I had one of the worst steelbooks I have ever bought turn up Marvel's Eternals

It's just ****
                  They genuinely could not be bothered with it & just phoned it in
                  No embossing, bland, poor all round

If I wasn't balls deep & invested in getting them all in Steelbook I'd be sending the bastard thing back it's so bad
                  The movie better be good is all I'm saying now

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                    The movie better be good is all I'm saying now
                    Well, ummmm….

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                      Despite my best efforts to be good I picked up 4 new releases this week

Ghostbusters Afterlife? Bloody hell, it only came out on the cinema here yesterday and you can buy it on BluRay?

Comment

Home release dates have gotten so close to cinema dates now. There is hardly anything in it.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                          Home release dates have gotten so close to cinema dates now. There is hardly anything in it.
                          If it wasn't illegal, I could buy a BluRay and rent a hall with a massive projector and sell tickets to a brand new release for a fraction of the cinema, lol. Not that the venue would be close to cinema quality mind you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            Well, ummmm….
                            Lol that doesn't sound promising

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              Inspired by the movies watched thread and a trip to CeX. Not seen it since the cinema when it came out. Looking forward to a rewatch

Amazing scenes.

One of my fave cinema experiences was watching RitB at the 100th anniversary of cinema and tickets were £1.
                              The cinema was packed, and it was such an atmosphere as everyone whooped, cheered and winced in unison.

Comment

I had RitB on Laserdisc in Scotland before it hit the cinemas here. Still went to see it on the big screen though.

Comment

Working...
                                X