No announcement yet.

Show us your latest Blu Ray/DVD purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Thunderbirds anniversary set. Japan only release of new Thunderbirds shows made to the soundtracks of 60s radio plays. I believe the main shows were aired on one of ITV's channels. Some of the extras on the discs can be found on YouTube on Studio Century 21's channel. Other extras are exclusive to the BluRay set though.

Last edited by Yakumo; 12-11-2022, 02:56.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      Yeah, but it's getting to the point where I'm thinking "Fallout is £1 FIFTY! Outrageous!"

I spent ages looking at the various combos for the cheapest way to do it - there's a 6 disc set and a 3 disc set etc, but £2 for the first four films was a bargain.

My train of thought is that if the next two films are decent, I may have a 4K telly by that point and may invest in the whole series but at the moment, I'm happy paying £1.50 on DVD rather than £75 for the 4K set, blimey!

I let the boy stay up an hour later and we started M:I 1, which he was really getting into!
      That alone is worth the price of admission.
      Great stuff.

The other way of thinking of watching Mission 1 is that instead of it being the start of the MI franchise, it's the beginning of an exploration of the works of Brian de Palma. Body Double next!

obviously Dressed to Kill

Comment

My new Blu-Ray gets today

2 more WEET Lenticular steelbook sets

Spiderman into the Spiderverse & Avengers Assemble

Both are glorious & I'm really pleased with them

Also means I've now completed my LE Avengers set

Neil

Comment

It's nice to have a set to aim for, [MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION]!
          They look great. I'm worried you'll never open them, though!
          I liked getting all the 3D Marvel discs. I enjoyed looking for bargains to get them.
          I really need to pull my finger out and change the spine pics to make a cool montage pic on the shelf.

Fancy doing something similar for John Carpenter or Spielberg, but I have a mix of BR and DVD.

Comment

My Christmas Blu-Ray gets

Neil

Comment

Oh man, Session 9 is one of my favourite movies. It’s fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                Oh man, Session 9 is one of my favourite movies. It’s fantastic.
                Yeah it's so bloody good & thoroughly underrated

The LE set is pretty sweet too comes with great stuff...

Second Sight really go all out on their limited edition sets & this is no different

Neil

Comment

That looks superb! I didn't even know that edition existed. I'll have to track it down. Thanks!

Comment

Not seen Session 9 … I’ll watch out for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      That looks superb! I didn't even know that edition existed. I'll have to track it down. Thanks!
                      No worries buddy, happy to share the wealth
                      It's well worth grabbing the set

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                      Not seen Session 9 … I’ll watch out for it.
                      I thoroughly recommend it as soon as you can, great film

Neil

Comment

My last DVD purchases of 2022

I ordered the Star Trek box sets from germany because they were the cheapest there, now I'm again up to date with Star Trek DVD box sets.

Babylon 5 sets I found locally for cheap. Really annoying thing is that even though the box for first season says that it has the full season, it's missing the pilot episode because apparently it was a TV-movie and seemingly it does not count as a 1st season episode because of that. It's been so long since I last time watched this series through, I forgot how hammy the acting was, but I still enjoy it.

Comment

Another "Session 9" fan here.
                          Really uncomfortable viewing, but you can't stop watching.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            Another "Session 9" fan here.
                            Really uncomfortable viewing, but you can't stop watching.
                            Yeah it is really unsettling
                            Still seems to fly under the radar of so many, it's one I always recommend along with Long Time Dead as being thoroughly underrated but worth everyone's time

Neil

Comment

Got these two for Christmas (I don't have a camera atm, so used stock photos!)

We had a great time watching all the BTTF films on New Years eve with plenty of cheese and wine. Also, the BFI ghost stories will do well for the cold evenings ahead...

Comment

This sounds interesting...

Comment

Working...
                                X