No announcement yet.

Show us your latest Blu Ray/DVD purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, that really sucks. There are many reasons i don't prefer streaming.
    1. Stuff is often removed.
    2. Video quality is way below a 4K UHD BluRay.
    3. No extras.
    4. Can't borrow or lend.
    5. No cool physical extras and so on.

I'm sure theres more reasons, too.

Comment

I can't speak on Disney's streaming service, but I've always found the video quality of streaming services to be even slightly below a 1080p BluRay (even if it's on 4K resolution). I always see loads of video artifacts, Netflix is awful for it.

The worst is when it's on streaming in HD, but the only physical release is a DVD - usually for a TV series. Drives me insane!

Comment

It's surprising, too, cos recently Iger made some comments that implied they might boost physical media output.

Comment

Trailer released for the home media release of the 30th Anniversary 4K version of Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

Comment

Woah!! ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
              Trailer released for the home media release of the 30th Anniversary 4K version of Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

Pre-ordered my copy the other day
              Went for the Steelbook as it comes with some funky extras & looks great too

Neil

Comment

Couple of steels

Comment

So so so happy that this was finally localised.

Comment

Cor, that brings back some memories!!!

I've wanted to rewatch that for a while. Just checked and it's on ITVX to stream for free!!

Comment

Oh man, Gunbuster is a classic. I remember watching it on a pirate VHS thinking the last show had something wrong with the transfer from NTSC to PAL because it was in black and white

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                        Just checked and it's on ITVX to stream for free!!
                        Nice find. I’ll be giving that a look.

Comment

So so so happy that this was finally localised.
                          My happy package arrived the other day too. One of my favourite anime of all time.

I just need a legitimate copy of Lupin III The Fuma Conspiracy (and its soundtrack on cd) and I'll be a very happy woman.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                            Just checked and it's on ITVX to stream for free!!
                            Had a look for Gunbuster on ITVX last night but couldn't find it. Surprised me to see how much anime is on there. Patlabor, Vampire Hunter D and a Gundam series will keep me entertained.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                              Had a look for Gunbuster on ITVX last night but couldn't find it. Surprised me to see how much anime is on there. Patlabor, Vampire Hunter D and a Gundam series will keep me entertained.
                              Ho weird. I've just checked and it's still there for me. Regional variation, maybe?

Comment

Weirdly even though I ordered them at the same time they were delivered in two separate boxes. I’ll get EtD on this weekend got to dig that funky soundtrack.

Comment

Working...
                                X