No announcement yet.

Show us your latest Blu Ray/DVD purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody on here get ahold of the Bond 50 Blu-Ray set? I'm quite tempted and it does look impressive, imo...

Comment

Bond Box sets.....seriousy, what's the point? There is a new one every few years!

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
        Bond Box sets.....seriousy, what's the point? There is a new one every few years!
        Well I've never bought one and now the films are all in hd it will be a good box set for me to get all the films.

I won't be buying any future sets as ill already have them with this.

Comment

Saw that set in a store. I definitely won't buy it. It's a few centimetres taller than a normal blu-ray case, and very thin and wide, so it won't fit in my blu-ray shelf. I also hate having to open up larger "books" like that whenever I want to watch one of the movies, and as soon as one or two more films are released, the set will feel very outdated. Not to mention that I already have the ones they already released on blu four years ago. I really hope they release the rest of the movies individually, with matching cover art. Really irritated by the whole ordeal.

Comment

I've got it, not opened it yet but it has a space for the Skyfall disc.

The shape is a bit annoying, I'd have preferred the shape of the display boxes HMV had - more DS box shaped (but longer, obviously!), but its not too bad... The exclusive HMV post cards with the movie posters for each film on are pretty cool.

Comment

I got mine. The card outer shell is quite nice and I do like the idea of the book style holders.

Unfortunately it's still made of card at the end of the day, so it took a bit of a knock in transit. Would have bought it in store but I got a good preorder price on it.

Also, I previously felt like Boris did and refused to buy box sets for the same reason, but this one is a limited edition to celebrate the anniversary. It's been confirmed to only have a limited run and the bonus disk won't be available in a future set.
              Last edited by Daragon; 30-09-2012, 17:08.

Comment

Cool didn't know that about the bonus discs!

Did you get it from HMV with that 20% off code Daragon? Mine took hermes over a week to deliver, and the packing box was really trashed so I feared the worst but the actual boxset held up pretty damn well, probably only as bad as the average wear these things get from being on the shelf in store anyway...

Comment

got Spice and wolf season 1 and 2 boxed set

just a beautiful anime which will end up being locked region A and i wont be able to see it anyway lol

Comment

Originally posted by koopatroopa90 View Post
                    Cool didn't know that about the bonus discs!

Did you get it from HMV with that 20% off code Daragon? Mine took hermes over a week to deliver, and the packing box was really trashed so I feared the worst but the actual boxset held up pretty damn well, probably only as bad as the average wear these things get from being on the shelf in store anyway...
                    I did yeah, only a small dent in one side and a little tear on the backing card. It could have been far worse, I'm just glad that Yodel weren't handling it.

Comment

What are the transfers like on the bond blu rays then?

is the set worth buying for someone who has most of the films on dvd already?

Comment

The transfer on dr no is brilliant for a film of its age. Goldeneye has quite a bit of dnr by comparison sadly. If you can buy the set cheaply then do so, otherwise might be good to avoid. I wouldn't say the transfers and bonus disk warrant 100 quid if you own most or all on dvd

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                          got Spice and wolf season 1 and 2 boxed set

just a beautiful anime which will end up being locked region A and i wont be able to see it anyway lol
                          I watched the trailer for that the other day on the FMA Blu's you sold me & it looked interesting...if you want to send them to me I'll watch them for you & tell you what they are like if you want lol

Neil

Comment

saw the japanese language version with subs and both seasons are incredible

just an awesome story with terrific animation

Comment

I got the HMV Steelbook Avengers release and the Bond 50 collection. Got mine from Amazon so it took no knocks as they use quite good packaging for it. I love the set, the presentation is very neat.

Comment

Here is my haul from the last week or so, glad to finally have the NTSC R1 release of MCOG...

Comment

Working...
                                X