Show us your latest Blu Ray/DVD purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
    Here is my haul from the last week or so, glad to finally have the NTSC R1 release of MCOG...

Awesome pick ups.

Where on earth did you find the Fist of the North Star & Venus Wars DVD's???

I NEED them!!!!

Still got Venus Wars on Manga video but would love a DVD version to replace it

Neil

Comment

Does that clone wars box set come with the extra booklets for each series?

Comment

glad to finally have the NTSC R1 release of MCOG...
        Ahhh! Some day you would find the Cities of Gold!

Did you watch the Space Adventure Cobra DVD from the other week and is it any good? I've never seen it.
        Nor Venus Wars, come to think of it, so what's that like?

Are you getting all the Manga stuff from one place?

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
          Awesome pick ups.

Where on earth did you find the Fist of the North Star & Venus Wars DVD's???

I NEED them!!!!

Still got Venus Wars on Manga video but would love a DVD version to replace it

Neil
          Well i get my anime stuff either at www.up1.co.uk which is uk based and carry many Region 1/Region A anime titles in stock, or from amazon marketplace via "allyourmusic".

The Fist TV series is taken from the deluxe japanese dvd source and looks really decent for its age. Venus wars, and space adventure cobra have only just been released in the US with (finally) decent anamorphic transfers taken from brand new bluray sources. Venus wars is available on bluray in italy i believe, allbeit in 1080i.

And qualitychimp, yeah Space adventure Cobra is a classic....its old, but if you grew up with manga label vhs, its pretty much a must have.

Discotek/eastern star are the US label releasing all these newly mastered DVD's lately.

Daragon the clone wars box set unfortunately doesnt come with booklets for each season, but for the ?24.99 its currently selling for on zavvi, it would be rude of me to complain!

Seriously though for any anime collector up1 is a great site, they seem to stock so much stuff, yet they dont really advertise, so god knows how i stumbled on their site like a decade ago, it was complete randomness.
          Last edited by PaTaito; 04-10-2012, 14:43.

Comment

The last of a little splurge, but Retrogamemaster ftw!

Comment

Thanks for the heads upon the website buddy...I have browsed there a lot myself over the years but never really investigated the DVD stuff or bought anything ever so I think I'll be rectifying that soon

The last of a little splurge, but Retrogamemaster ftw!

Some more great pick ups there...Crying Freeman was a particular fave of mine back in the Manga VHS days so that's going on the to buy list as well

Here's this weeks new arrivals for me...

Prometheus Steel Book
              Cinderella
              Justice League: New Frontier (Can retire my HD-DVD version now I have it on BD)

A quick shot of the back of the Prometheus Steel as well...

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                Thanks for the heads upon the website buddy...I have browsed there a lot myself over the years but never really investigated the DVD stuff or bought anything ever so I think I'll be rectifying that soon

Some more great pick ups there...Crying Freeman was a particular fave of mine back in the Manga VHS days so that's going on the to buy list as well

Here's this weeks new arrivals for me...

Prometheus Steel Book
                Cinderella
                Justice League: New Frontier (Can retire my HD-DVD version now I have it on BD)

A quick shot of the back of the Prometheus Steel as well...

Neil
                Got to love the disney blu's....and prometheus steely is ace, haters gtfo!

Comment

Agreed, Prometheus is a flawed film but a pretty one. The steel matches! Does the stealbook come with the 3d version?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBeatBoy View Post
                    Agreed, Prometheus is a flawed film but a pretty one. The steel matches! Does the stealbook come with the 3d version?
                    Not seen the film myself it's a blind buy but I have been very intrigued by it & did want to see it at the Cinema but never got there.

It does come with the 3D version.

Neil

Comment

Comment

Excellent, is that a uk release? Silver Shamrock.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBeatBoy View Post
                          Excellent, is that a uk release? Silver Shamrock.

Region A

Comment

That's weird, I was thinking about this as I washed up today. One of my son's toys was playing "London Bridge" and it reminded me of Halloween III!

I'm gonna say what I was thinking: H3 is my favourite one of the series.

Don't get me wrong, the original is h'amaze, but I love the tone, story and ending of this.

Will there be a region 2 or B version of this as those extras look brilliant? (the cover's awful though!)

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              That's weird, I was thinking about this as I washed up today. One of my son's toys was playing "London Bridge" and it reminded me of Halloween III!

I'm gonna say what I was thinking: H3 is my favourite one of the series.

Don't get me wrong, the original is h'amaze, but I love the tone, story and ending of this.

Will there be a region 2 or B version of this as those extras look brilliant? (the cover's awful though!)
                              the cover is only a slip case. the br cover is the original halloween 3 art work. the transfer is amazing

Comment

The Indiana Jones Complete Adventures Limited Edition. Lovely set, nice and plush. Really like the replicas especially the grail diary

Comment

Working...
                                X