No announcement yet.

Show us your latest Blu Ray/DVD purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've forgone the slips as they're too awkward to maintain but still some Disney prices are daft. Tangled and BatB in particular, good they're often region free though given how few get a UK steelbook

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
      I've forgone the slips as they're too awkward to maintain but still some Disney prices are daft. Tangled and BatB in particular, good they're often region free though given how few get a UK steelbook
      I've looked into the steelies but just can't manage them for the Disneys which is why I'll just stick with the Slips me thinks.

Even then it's a slow slope to bankruptcy...Snow White for over ?30?? me thinks not!!

Neil

Comment

Zavvi has a side banner declaring themselves the home of steelbooks so it looks like they're going to push this area. Lovely.

Just added, but no pics yet, is a preorder option for the Steelbook of D'jango Unchained

Comment

Zavvi has a side banner declaring themselves the home of steelbooks so it looks like they're going to push this area. Lovely.

Just added, but no pics yet, is a preorder option for the Steelbook of D'jango Unchained
          Amazon have got a Django Unchained Steel listed as well.

Hoping it's only a mock up as if it's not it really is about the worst looking steel I've ever seen...

Neil

Comment

The text is too big bit I could see them using it. Hobbit is up on Amazon too now

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
              Hoping it's only a mock up as if it's not it really is about the worst looking steel I've ever seen...
              I'd say it's not the final cover, judging by the "Artwork TBC" notice!

Comment

Do you people even care about the movies?! You're all 'steelbook this' and 'steelbook that'. This should really be renamed the 'Metal Packaging' thread. Then we could include those big tins of biscuits that grannies buy at Christmas. Or maybe all year round, I don't really know their buying habits.

Sorry. Got carried away. Ignore me. Carry on.

Comment

The text is too big bit I could see them using it. Hobbit is up on Amazon too now
                  Ooh missed the Hobbit will have a look shortly

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  I'd say it's not the final cover, judging by the "Artwork TBC" notice!
                  Lol I hadn't notice it on the tiny version on the Amazon website...I stand corrected then so expect something a bit better than that

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  Do you people even care about the movies?! You're all 'steelbook this' and 'steelbook that'. This should really be renamed the 'Metal Packaging' thread. Then we could include those big tins of biscuits that grannies buy at Christmas. Or maybe all year round, I don't really know their buying habits.

I actually only buy Steelbooks of films I want to own I'm not one of the "must have them all" collectors from AV Forums & then it's a case of I'm buying it anyway so why not pay the extra couple of quid & get fancier packagaing

If I have no interest in the film I won't buy it.

Neil

Comment

Yeah, if the packaging looks classy and the price is the same, or only very slightly more, then i will bite.

No different to people splashing out(sometimes double) for a ltd edition game that really comes with nothing more than a fancy box much of the time.

Comment

Todays new arrivals...

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                        Todays new arrivals...

Neil
                        US batman begins steely?

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
                          US batman begins steely?
                          Yep Best Buy Exclusive
                          Dark Knight is the same.

Have the full set now

Neil

Comment

Turns out Zavvi is going to be the place to watch for steelies. They've added some each Monday since Play fell and today I preordered Firefly and Finding Nemo

Comment

Turns out Zavvi is going to be the place to watch for steelies. They've added some each Monday since Play fell and today I preordered Firefly and Finding Nemo
                              Yeah looks like they are picking up the slack.

Platoon, Robocop & Predator 2 on there as well.

Pre-ordered Nemo myself as well

I watched the Blu-Ray of it on Saturday night & it looked stunning, easily one of the best looking films I've ever seen.
                              Simply amazing a must own for any film fan

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang

This cracked me up. I lurk in this thread regularly but there's a lot more discussion of packaging material than anything else. Are steelbooks even actually made of steel? Isn't it aluminium or something? I think I prefer the regular plastic boxes in all honesty. At least they all match.

Comment

Working...
                                X