Show us your latest Blu Ray/DVD purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wakka View Post

This cracked me up. I lurk in this thread regularly but there's a lot more discussion of packaging material than anything else. Are steelbooks even actually made of steel? Isn't it aluminium or something? I think I prefer the regular plastic boxes in all honesty. At least they all match.[/COLOR]
    Come on dude, this is a nerds forum! Where else in the real world would commerically produced metals, printed cardboard, or 'exclusive' collectors tat be so highly sought after!
    Last edited by dvdx2; 18-02-2013, 10:46.

Comment

Valid point. I did get a wicked 'steelbook' version of some mints earlier. Not into that paper and foil bull****.

Comment

People can pretend like they are above something...but we all have at least a couple of nerdy vices that make this forum what it is.

Like i said earlier, people on here have been known to buy Japanese games which are identical in content to the US/EU releases, but they think the artwork looks better sat on a shelf...no different, and probably with less resale value.
        Last edited by PaTaito; 18-02-2013, 10:59.

Comment

Yup, in terms of discussion for this thread its mostly transfer quality, sound, extras and packaging. Just happens packaging has more to talk about Steelies are good if found cheap because they seperate the collection from that of the commoners

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito
            People can pretend like they are above something...but we all have at least a couple of nerdy vices that make this forum what it is.

Lol I'm not trying to make out like I'm above it! Just starting a bit of chat on the subject, no need to be so defensive

Comment

There is actually a thread for discussing Blu-Ray releases & all the technical gubbins here...

Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)

This thread is just about pimping what you've spent your mollah on & as most of the best looking releases these days are steel books then that's invariably what we buy & why we feel like showing off.

We all spend our pennies on what we like & for us at the moment Steelies is where it's at.

If we got Digibooks as often as the Americans you can bet we'd be going mental for them as well

Neil

Comment

This thread is called "show us your latest blu ray/DVD purchases". So I always thought it was about people showing pictures of their latest purchases. Maybe Im just being daft though.

Comment

Note to self: never make fun of people who are serious about steelbooks.

Comment

Note to self: never make fun of people who are serious about steelbooks.
                    Lol you think we're bad??

Get yourself over to AV Forums & have a look in the dedicated Steelbook forum...they are bat **** crazy for the things.
                    Some of them spend thousands buying every steel they can get their hands on...even if they don't care about the movie if it's a steel they HAVE to have it.

We have an interest in them but you cross anyone on there about them & heaven help you.

Neil

Comment

Lol I'm not trying to make out like I'm above it! Just starting a bit of chat on the subject, no need to be so defensive
                      [/COLOR]
                      I wasnt....just stating a fact, no matter who started anything lol.

Its an irony thats apparent on almost any forum i've ever been on.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave
                        Get yourself over to AV Forums & have a look in the dedicated Steelbook forum...they are bat **** crazy for the things.
                        Some of them spend thousands buying every steel they can get their hands on...even if they don't care about the movie if it's a steel they HAVE to have it.
                        I don't doubt it. It's the sealed game madness all over again. The fact that they have a dedicated steelbook forum is great

Comment

Imagine what these people will be like when everything goes digital?

LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                            Lol you think we're bad??

We have an interest in them but you cross anyone on there about them & heaven help you.

Neil
                            Movie companies are crafty as well because it looks like back catalogues of movies are being givent he steelbook treatment just to make a few extra bits of coin even if the 'collectors' actually have 5 versions of it already they must have the new one

but as the phrase 'steelbook' goes its pretty much similar to cheap and nasty alloy book

if a new movie comes out im getting it its steelbook version, old movies im just not bothering

just incase anybody doesnt know Zavvi have the finding nemo exclusive steelbook

Comment

I'm not worried about films being digitally delivered, the steady rising sales of Bluray means I've got a long way to go before making a mint off collectors should I ever sell up :thumbs:

Comment

You'll be just like one of those VHS billionaires.

Comment

Working...
                                X