Show us your latest Blu Ray/DVD purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Todays new arrival...

I love the old Superman animated series & I never saw this so was worth grabbing.

Neil

Comment

New Arrivals for me today...

Massively impressed with the Roger Rabbit Steelbook, if this is the quality of all the upcoming Zavvi steels then I'm in.
      Looks lovely in hand & really really pleased it's in the collection

Neil

Comment

Another Disney turned up today for the collection...

Neil

Comment

I'm gonna have to get me some Roger Rabbit steelbook one day...

Comment

There are some greedy bastards in this world

One seller has 7 roger rabbit steels up for sale and another has five

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post

This pisses me off no end.

I think they need to start implementing a limt on purchases for Steelbooks now

The amount of people who have mountains of the Iron Man / Thor / Cap America Steels on Ebay is just disgusting there is no need for it & it's unfair on those legitimate collectors like us who missed out.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post

Gutter snipes...

I know people want to scrape a living, but adding to shortfalls for regular bluray collectors makes it such a ****ty trick.

Comment

Yeah but think of the gambles that don't pay off. There's plenty of steelbooks that have lost value.

Comment

You'd think most people who really wanted a limited edition steelbook would be buying it on day one anyway, when there's plenty of them avaliable, so those people that buy 7 probably aren't harming anyone... Steelbooks don't seem to sell out during the pre order phase, it's always a while after release, or it at least seems to be that way these days anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                      You'd think most people who really wanted a limited edition steelbook would be buying it on day one anyway, when there's plenty of them avaliable, so those people that buy 7 probably aren't harming anyone... Steelbooks don't seem to sell out during the pre order phase, it's always a while after release, or it at least seems to be that way these days anyway.
                      Not with Roger Rabbit.

It was sold out long before the release date (which is tomorrow officially) same as titles like the Raid & Terminator & yet there are people on Ebay who have about a million to sell at overly inflated prices.

So unfortunately yes they are hurting those who want just one for their legitimate collection & not to make profit.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                        Yeah but think of the gambles that don't pay off. There's plenty of steelbooks that have lost value.
                        If you are buying for your own collection then who cares if it takes a loss

Seems these are the new tickets and people are touting them for as much a they can get

And agree with Neil - these apparently are limited to 3000 and sold out weeks before its release date and its happened with a few and I guess it's down to the greedy bastards ordering 5+ and it wouldn't surprise me if people ordered 10+

I'm not bothered about it because I will get steelbooks when I can but won't pay crazy money for them

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                          Not with Roger Rabbit.

It was sold out long before the release date (which is tomorrow officially) same as titles like the Raid & Terminator & yet there are people on Ebay who have about a million to sell at overly inflated prices.

So unfortunately yes they are hurting those who want just one for their legitimate collection & not to make profit.

Neil
                          Well I suppose it depends on how many they produce. That doesn't seem to happen with new films. I guess the people producing the disks underestimate the demand for back catalogue releases in comparison to films being released on dvd and blu ray for the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                            Well I suppose it depends on how many they produce. That doesn't seem to happen with new films. I guess the people producing the disks underestimate the demand for back catalogue releases in comparison to films being released on dvd and blu ray for the first time.
                            Or maybe its a limited run and this was public before the release

Comment

Few more arrivals for me today...

Neil

Comment

Another few pick ups...

Neil

Comment

Working...
                                X