No announcement yet.

Show us your latest Blu Ray/DVD purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over here the HMV ones are usually close to the same price as standard, there's a couple of times you'd pay more on different sites but not by a huge margin. However FF6 is expensive everywhere, Universal is over doing it on that one hence I cancelled. It'll drop in time like FF5 did.

Comment

Ah, okay so it's more about that particular movie. The non-steelbook package design is pretty awful unfortunately. But then mostly I'll just be seeing the spine on the shelf.

Last edited by Dogg Thang; 14-09-2013, 18:29.

Comment

Been a long time since I've got anything that's not a steelie but had this land on the doormat today...

My Rob Zombie Blu-Ray collection is complete

Neil

Comment

Had another non steel arrival yesterday...I know shock horror

Now have the full set of Ultimate Editions.
          Been after it for ages & it was massively reduced so jumped on it.
          Came in at ?20 delivered which is a bargain IMO

Neil

Comment

My latest gets for Christmas...

Neil

Comment

Neil, I honestly don't think it's good etiquette to reveal you bought Batman & Robin without providing an essay justifying the purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                Neil, I honestly don't think it's good etiquette to reveal you bought Batman & Robin without providing an essay justifying the purchase.
                Lol....it's a pretty steelbook, that is all

I didn't buy it anyway...it was a present from the inlaws so I'm excused...I didn't waste my money on it

Neil

Comment

Well that's okay then. Carry on about your business.

Comment

Despicable Me 1 and 2 bluray pack and Monsters University DVD.... I haven't bought films in ages due to Netflix. Pretty average crop tbh.... For the kids on request.

Comment

IT'S THE HOCKEY TEAM FROM HELL.

I picked up the new BR 40th anniversary edition of Enter The Dragon to replace my old HD-DVD copy. Apparently this version has an improved transfer. Plus you get some swag in the box I think - it hasn't arrived yet.

Also copped Eastbound and Down seasons 1 - 3 BR cheap and sealed in CeX.

Comment

My somewhat eclectic selection, purchased over the last couple of weeks. I saw Vampire Diaries on TV (first couple of seasons I suppose) and was going to get 1-4 on DVD. As 1-4 on Blu-Ray was only a fiver more I went for that. 62.5 hours viewing for ?30 isn't bad value!

Not the bext quality (indoors with no flash) but it will do...

Comment

The Vampire Diaries I think has improved as it's gone on too - good buy.

Picked this up over Christmas and although I didn't think it was the greatest film I've seen in the last year, the amount of extras on discs 4 & 5 is boggling (definitely adds value for me along with commentaries).

Can't say I really like UV particularly, it's so clunky to use, although combining it with Flixter has helped a bit.

Comment

This was my haul from Christmas.

Breaking Bad S1-3. Yet to watch S2-3. But as it appears to be regarded as the best TV series ever, I'm expecting nothing short of brilliance here-on-in (that's not to say S1 was'nt great).

Hannibal. Probably the most gorgeously shot tv series I've ever seen, and that was viewing it on DVD. I expect my eyes to melt watching it on BR.

The Following. Only heard about it, but apparently it's very good (according to my sister anyway!)

House of Cards is a blind buy. Only read reviews about it and watched the trailer, but for ?12 it seems I can't go wrong.

TWD S1&2. No introduction necessary.

Comment

My Christmas haul + Game of Thrones season 2 on bluray

Comment

^Marvel fan I take it?

Comment

Working...
                                X