No announcement yet.

Show us your latest Blu Ray/DVD purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah one of my buddies is completely obsessed with their output, seen some sniping online about some of their transfers but honestly they are the best versions out there, so whats to complain about!

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
      Yeah one of my buddies is completely obsessed with their output, seen some sniping online about some of their transfers but honestly they are the best versions out there, so whats to complain about!
      Considering the material they work with, i can't complain at all. Their extra's are for the most part comprehensive too.

I love how they take a very low budget niche title, and lavish it with the kind of care even most big films don't seem to get.

Comment

I missed out on the Videodrome set too & I'm gutted about it

I have a few Arrow sets including a couple of the Steels.
        I used to love what they were doing but just never kept up, did get everything I wanted though so don't really feel like I'm missing out now.

Neil

Comment

After finding this here:

The comments section mention David Mackenzie as the guy solely responsible for Arrow's society bluray encode, and some others!!?

If this is the same guy who goes by Lyris on this site then he must be a very proud given so many people are giving props to his work. No wonder arrow have become so consistently decent for transfers of late.

If its true then well done lyris, i can't believe you work for arrow!
          Last edited by PaTaito; 21-11-2015, 09:20.

Comment

Jees this thread is slow lately...

Few more little treats:

Comment

Super excited.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post

Super excited.
                Classic show...nice artwork that too.

Comment

Grabbed BSG for ?20 from Zavvi - crazy value. Rest from HMV today, looking to start owning some of my favourite anime.

Made sure not to get GitS 2.0 - rather original animation than CG!

Comment

My latest walking dead limited edition arrived and to be honest I'm kinda let down

It's alright but they've modelled it around the asphalt walker but it's quite meagre compared with the last 3 (zombie with screw driver in its head, zombie heads in water tanks and last years tree zombie) and I'm sure it cost much more

Comment

San Andreas 3D combo. Looking forward to some disaster pron in 3D later

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post

Super excited.
                        Nice!

Got the bloke Babylon 5 for Christmas after thinking quote on quote "Babylon 5's a big pile of ****e" according to Simon Pegg's character Tim on Spaced. Watched the first couple of episodes the last few days, not too bad, hope I'll eventually love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
                          Nice!

Got the bloke Babylon 5 for Christmas after thinking quote on quote "Babylon 5's a big pile of ****e" according to Simon Pegg's character Tim on Spaced. Watched the first couple of episodes the last few days, not too bad, hope I'll eventually love it!
                          Gets much better in season 2/3 if that helps.

Comment

This was my rather small (compared to other years) Christmas haul

Neil

Comment

Warner Bros. Pictures have announced plans to release over thirty-five films on the brand-new 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray format by the end of 2016, the initiative kicking off with the availability of Ultra HD Blu-ray players in the marketplace in early 2016. The first films they plan to release on this format are “Mad Max: […]

Warners will launch its 4K Ultra Blurays this year with Man of Steel, San Andreas, Mad Max: Fury Road, Pan, Lego Movie and Pacific Rim. Afterwards they will start releasing new releases as they come along such as Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad.

If I ever switch to 4K discs, I'll be swapping the discs in my Steelbooks rather than buying fully new ones.

Comment

Picked up the Japanese bluray of 'Dredd' and it totally blows away the uk version for pic and audio quality.

Comment

Working...
                                X