No announcement yet.

Show us your latest Blu Ray/DVD purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heres my little haul for april...Wanted the japanese bluray of the crow for ages, and picked it up finally(pricey mind). So glad i got yawara before it went OOP, such a cracking old school anime.

Yawara 1-40 dvd box R1
    Hellsing signature series dvd box R1
    Kimi No Todoke premium edition box 1+2 Blu/dvd R1/A
    Silent Hill French region free Bluray(best image and special features)
    The Crow Japanese region A Bluray
    Hurt Locker UK Steely region B Buray

Last edited by PaTaito; 30-04-2012, 00:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
      Childhood memories come flooding back with this.

Ah yes that brings Satuday morning memories flooding back, Shiro and the X-bomber, I remember getting the Brian May Star Fleet single as I liked the theme tune so much. I did have some non official dvds off ebay several years back no idea where they are now mind.

Comment

I bought it for ?9.99 from Zavvi if you are interested in reliving your youth Neo ...

Buy Star Fleet X Bomber: The Complete Series from Zavvi, the home of pop culture. Take advantage of great prices on Blu-ray, 4K, merchandise, games, clothing and more!

Comment

Soundwave am i right in thinking those DBZ Kai's are not region free?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBeatBoy View Post
            Soundwave am i right in thinking those DBZ Kai's are not region free?
            They are region Free

Play quite happily on my Pal PS3

It's the movie collections that for some reason are locked to Region A

Picked up Part 7 the other week as well...

They do look pretty good in HD & the new intro is especially lush...the songs on the other hand for opening & closing suck balls & are just plain horrible

Neil

Comment

Do they have the original opening & closings at all? I'm such a nerd, if not its still ok. Where did you orders yours from Soundwave?

Comment

Do they have the original opening & closings at all? I'm such a nerd, if not its still ok. Where did you orders yours from Soundwave?
                If you want original openings/endings you'll want the dragon box's.

Still the best way to watch DBZ.

Comment

I won't bother posting up photos but for my birthday I got the Alien Anthology and Super 8
                  They join my measly collection consisting of Tron Legacy, Thor and Scott Pilgrim.

Comment

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post
                    I won't bother posting up photos but for my birthday I got the Alien Anthology and Super 8
                    They join my measly collection consisting of Tron Legacy, Thor and Scott Pilgrim.
                    Great collection however small it may be.

Comment

I'm not sure actually
                      I'll have a look when I'm home at lunch time & let you know.

I get mine from a few different Ebay sellers...

Blowitoutahere...
                      Welcome to the Blowitoutahere eBay Store. We offer a wide range of CDs, DVD, Blu-rays and more at competitive prices. Please add us to your list of favorite sellers and visit often. Thank you for your business.

Movie Mars New Releases...

Movie Mars UK...
                      Welcome to MovieMars! Great selection and prices. We carry over 600,000 unique vinyl records, DVDs and CDs. All items are brand new and have a 30-day Satisfaction Guarantee.

Red Tag Market...

I just tend to go with whichever seller is the cheapest at the time & just lately the new releases (pt 6 & 7) can be had for about ?12 + delivery

The early parts are becoming a bit scarce on Blu-Ray now for good prices though.

Those sellers are really good for other Blu's & DVD's as well & I find myself browsing for hours looking at older films I should really buy as well...lots of hard to find Exploitation & 70's Schlock on there

Neil

Comment

Childhood memories come flooding back with this.

Added bonus that my daughter enjoys watching it with me too.

I recently re-watched this and really enjoyed it. I thought the story is still engaging, even years later. I was chatting to Redstar_Dan about it and he loved the 80s mecha design of Dai-X.

The version I have is in a card sleeve and has several extras like postcards and a poster. Does this version have them too?

I trust the discs still have all the extras like the interview with Gerry Anderson (he didn't make it, but Terrahawks came out at a similar time and he talks about the two shows) and the Making-Of documentaries been retained? I'm guessing it's just a plastic box with the paper extras removed.

Don't watch the Making-Of extras before the end as they give away who dies!

Hand-on-heart, I got quite emotional when I saw the opening credits again!

They were all set to do a second series as it was popular worldwide, but a fire destroyed all the sets and models. Gutted. Surely there's a Dai-X suit that survived somewhere?!

Comment

I bought it for ?9.99 from Zavvi if you are interested in reliving your youth Neo ...

http://www.zavvi.com/dvd/star-fleet-.../10309388.html
                          Thanks I think I will have to induldge some time soon.

Comment

Thanks for the links soundwave. Been meaning to watch it again. Can remember watching them all on crappy 10mb realmedia files.

Comment

Todays arrival

Thanks for the links soundwave. Been meaning to watch it again. Can remember watching them all on crappy 10mb realmedia files.
                              Remember fella you can get them in proper season sets now, the season "part" sets are 13 episodes from what i remember.

Here are the bigger season sets:

http://www.up1.co.uk/Details/D1653

and

Compared to the "part" sets:

So if your buying from scratch you might prefer each box containing a whole season, and better value.
                              Last edited by PaTaito; 01-05-2012, 18:56.

Comment

Working...
                              X