No announcement yet.

Show us your latest Blu Ray/DVD purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for those links pataito. Totally forgot about united publications haven't used them in years.

Does kai have the original English dub?
    Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 01-05-2012, 19:42.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBeatBoy View Post
      Thanks for those links pataito. Totally forgot about united publications haven't used them in years.

Yeah, they are awsome for quick imported blu/dvd etc as they hold great amounts of items in stock.....the site hasnt changed in over ten years lol. A real blast from the past.

As for the dub, i'm not sure as i only own the dragon boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        I recently re-watched this and really enjoyed it. I thought the story is still engaging, even years later. I was chatting to Redstar_Dan about it and he loved the 80s mecha design of Dai-X.

The version I have is in a card sleeve and has several extras like postcards and a poster. Does this version have them too?

I trust the discs still have all the extras like the interview with Gerry Anderson (he didn't make it, but Terrahawks came out at a similar time and he talks about the two shows) and the Making-Of documentaries been retained? I'm guessing it's just a plastic box with the paper extras removed.

Don't watch the Making-Of extras before the end as they give away who dies!

Hand-on-heart, I got quite emotional when I saw the opening credits again!

They were all set to do a second series as it was popular worldwide, but a fire destroyed all the sets and models. Gutted. Surely there's a Dai-X suit that survived somewhere?!
        It's just the 'slim version', so no postcards/poster. They are in the 'boxed' set, but that still retails around the ?25 plus mark.

I'm up to episode 5, which according to the trailer marks the appearance silver ghost space ship vessel (that's my name for it anyway!).

I'm certain I've seen plastic model kits of the Dai-X on eBay, might take a look at a possible purchase!

Comment

According to the box it's an all new Dub (which by all accounts is re-written as well but I have no way to check the difference I'm afraid) but does have the original Japanese Audio as well.

As for the openings I'm afraid it only has the new one

Neil

Comment

Ordered the season 1 and 2 boxset! Can't wait just hope it has the song Unmei no hi - Tamashii vs tamashii in the cell saga.

Comment

Look what finally arrived this morning! Thanks for helping me find these guys, just have to wait for season 3 now!

Comment

Look what finally arrived this morning! Thanks for helping me find these guys, just have to wait for season 3 now!

Comment

Awesome stuff...hope you enjoy them.

Just seen Part 8 is due out soon so just waiting for my usual Ebay sellers to start listing it & then I'll be bang up to date again

Neil

Comment

Just got back from the States where I bought five manly movies. The Best Buy edition of Ghost Protocol is seemingly the only version with the special features disc, so that's kool.

Comment

The Proposition on Bluray for $7.99 ? A bargain sir!

Comment

A cult classic from Amazon.co.uk ...

Troll and Troll 2 by MartyPGBT, on Flickr

?4. So bad it's fantastic.

Comment

Oh mY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Comment

Two that came today.

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
                              Two that came today.

Very nice! The Eureka stuff is really, really good.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                                Very nice! The Eureka stuff is really, really good.
                                Indeed, the transfer for harakiri is suprisingly excellent, as is the included booklet.

Then again it could have been mediocre and i'd still bite.

Comment

Working...
                                X