Show us your latest Blu Ray/DVD purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wakka View Post
    Just checking that everyone who frequents this thread has spotted the HMV Premium Collection 2-for-£15 sale, it's here:

I also don't need more discs, but need more discs.

A lot of those films on sale I either don't want to own or don't want to know more about (commentaries, documentaries etc.) but I spotted 2010 in the list and I don't remember anything about it. It's not streaming anywhere and I've wanted to see it for a while.

So then I looked if 2001 was in the sale, which it is, so could do a double-bill.

However, something I've mentioned in the irks thread is that they don't list what the special features are, just that there are two discs.
    Oh, maybe I can just look at the back of the product and see for myself?

Here are the two pictures of the box:

Comment

Yeah HMV's product pages are insanely light on details. And since these discs are exclusive there's no way of finding out from another retailer

Haven't seen 2010 for ages. While it's obviously not even in the same galaxy as 2001 (what is?), it's a pretty fun watch with Roy Schneider taking the reins.

Comment

Yeah HMV's product pages are insanely light on details. And since these discs are exclusive there's no way of finding out from another retailer
        Not only that, but they have several versions, all with no details, so I've just left it. *shrug*

Haven't seen 2010 for ages. While it's obviously not even in the same galaxy as 2001 (what is?), it's a pretty fun watch with Roy Schneider taking the reins.
        I do love Roy Schneider.

Comment

Hahaha!

*record scratch*

Rob Schneider IS the Stargate.

And he's about to find out...

Maybe being a Stargate...

ISN'T so easy!

Comment

I really enjoy 2010. It's not 2001 by any means and, in many ways, is quite a different movie but Roy Scheider and John Lithgow are great and it has its own atmosphere and tension that I love. My god, it's full of stars.

Comment

Hahaha!

*record scratch*

Rob Schneider IS the Stargate.

And he's about to find out...

Maybe being a Stargate...

ISN'T so easy!
              Derp-de-derp-de-deeerp!

Comment

When I was about 11 or 12 I used to see the poster for this at the bus stop and i was desperate to see it … it looked like the meanest action film ever with its ‘crime is a disease, meet the cure’ line.

Another CEX buy/trade

Comment

Arrow BOGOF on Zavvi, plus Manga and steelbook sales.

Comment

Curse these sales…another one incoming

Got a couple of HMV arrivals to post here too, once I get round to it

Comment

Just ordered Columbia Classics Vol 2 from HMV https://store.hmv.com/store/film-tv/...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Comment

Gets from the HMV Premium Collection sale

I've embarrassingly never seen Casablanca, so really looking forward to finally seeing that. This version uses the Warner Archives transfer, which has a rep as the best going.

Haven't seen A Scanner Darkly since I watched it in the cinema, but it was a film I found very memorable and striking. I'm curious to revisit it.

@Atticus Nice one...I'm going to hold out for individual releases, I think, but I really want Taxi Driver. Could be waiting a while though, judging by how long it's taking them to do individual copies from Vol 1. I do find the selections a bit, well, random though. Stripes and Sense & Sensibility - classic double bill!

Comment

Nice gets [MENTION=5490]wakka[/MENTION] … A Scanner Darkly is quality … probably the closest adaptation of a Philip K Dick story I’ve seen.

I still haven’t seen Casablanca either

Comment

I do find the selections a bit, well, random though.
                            That’s what put me off Vol 1 (how I wish I could turn back the clock on that one) … I definitely like more titles in vol 2 though.

Comment

Two I've not seen either, Wakka. Good gets.

Comment

Cheers guys. I love that none of us have seen Casablanca, I feel better now

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                                That’s what put me off Vol 1 (how I wish I could turn back the clock on that one) … I definitely like more titles in vol 2 though.
                                Not to worry, you didn't miss out for good. I spotted recently that individual versions of the films are trickling out now - here's a preorder for Gandhi, for example:

Comment

Working...
                                X