Need to find out the name of a dance song from early 2000s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to find out the name of a dance song from early 2000s

Can someone help me, I must've heard that damn song a hundred times back when I watched tv regularly, because it was everywhere.

It was by one of your big dance dj acts / producers, I think, and it featured an Indian woman (I think) humming along or saying something on bits of it, but it had no lyrics.

It started with some quiet synths, I always thought it was in the American Beauty promos (the film), but I'm not sure.

Can anyone help me out? I have almost zero knowledge of mainstream music from the last ten years, I have no idea how to find this out.

Comment

Thanks man, I appreciate it very much.

I would buy you a present if I ever saw you, since I'm feeling nice.

Comment

I was going to say
        Cotton Eye Joe

Comment

^^^LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Boris View Post
            I was going to say
            Cotton Eye Joe
            But that was a 90s song???

Comment

Does anyone actually know the words to Cotton Eye Joe? I'm trying to sing it in my head and all I've got is "da da da da da Cotton Eye Joe, da da dada da long time ago, where did you come from, where did you go, where did you come from, Cotton Eye Joe?"

Comment

It saves mental trauma to block out as much of it as possible, like being tortured.

OK then, can you remember any lyrics besides the hook / chorus from 'Barbie Girl'? And, 'Come on Barbie, let's go party' doesn't count.

Comment

I know all the words to that. Not even joking. I adore Aqua.

I have Aquarium on my iPhone.

Comment

OK, fair enough, I like some absolute crap sometimes, but now I'm worried about you dude.

Comment

Seriously, though, put Aqua on your iPod and then set it to shuffle through your entire library. If you don't crack a smile when Rene does his thing at the start of Roses are Red, there's something wrong with your smile gland.

Comment

To be honest I know most of the lyrics to Barbie Girl too... When was Cotton Eye Joe released? I seem to remember loving it aged 6 or so...

Comment

Perhaps it's an age thing and the age at which we're exposed to certain songs depending on the tv shows and radio of the time?

I remember the lyrics to whole songs I heard growing up-examples including MC Hammer's Pray, and certain 80s hair metal, plus loads of cheesy pop tunes.

Comment

My brother was going through some of his old CDs with a look to sell/throw out, and found Aqua's first album in the pile. How joyous heh...
                            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
                              Perhaps it's an age thing and the age at which we're exposed to certain songs depending on the tv shows and radio of the time?

I remember the lyrics to whole songs I heard growing up-examples including MC Hammer's Pray, and certain 80s hair metal, plus loads of cheesy pop tunes.
                              Definately. I remember loads of random songs from the 90s as I used to be in a car for an hour each day to/from school listening to Radio 1, and quite like a few 80s groups as my mum used to play mix tapes in the car too.

For some reason talking about radio 1 in the 90s has reminded me of this song

Actually, does anyone know what song (might of been by Run DMC?) starts off with someone saying "Hey Grandma, get off your rocking chair" or something to that effect? I seem to remember the video having breakdancing in a large hall/gym.... This was on one of the mixtapes.

Comment

Working...
                              X