Kamen rider, experts required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I left my DS in the UK

I think I'll be ok. I just did the henshin pose in the office and people got happy. That's enough for one night, I think!

I watched this over lunch:

Comment

Now I wanna watch Kamen Rider Drive but I'm still in the middle of Gaim!!

Comment

Restaurant was boring. Food was naff and it just had projectors showing intros for the different series. We only had to pay ?1500 each which was good.

My mate who arranged it was the only Kamen Rider fan. The place was nice and relaxed, though, and the food arrived really quickly.

Comment

Did you have Kamen Ramen 🍜?

Comment

We ordered a bunch of stuff and shared. I ordered a pizza with nori(seaweed), corn and mayo. Wasn't too bad. There was a Shocker bomb thing which was basically a spicy nikuman but it wasn't remotely spicy. The drinks were cool, though. One girl's drink had a light-up ice cube which was probably the talk of the evening.

I've had an idea for a parody of Kamen Rider called Gamen Rider, Gamen meaning TV screen. I was thinking he could ride a monitor and have the power of changing resolutions.

Comment

You probably want to be careful with your Gamen Rider idea. I'm not searching for it, but I imagine there's a DVD out there called "GayMan Rider" :/

Comment

I bloody well hope so!

Luckily, it seems gamen rider hasn't really been used. I only found a blog using that title.

Comment

I wonder if there's a parody of Guyver called Gayver?

I think Kamen Ramen has more legs than Gamen Rider.
                  You could claim it's your review blog of restaurants and try to blag some free grub!

Comment

Well I think Gamen Rider works better in Japanese than Kamen Ramen because it has the same rhythm/syllables:

仮面ライダー Kamen Rider
                    画面ライダー Gamen Rider
                    仮面ラーメン Kamen Raamen
                    ゲイマンライダー Gayman Rider
                    Of course, Gamen Rider would be lost on anyone who doesn't speak Japanese and, after explaining what gamen means, the joke would be over. But it's not for them.

Comment

Suit yourself. I thought the logo would look mint.

I was imagining you rocking up to noodle restaurants on a cool bike wearing a jaunty scarf and getting free food.

Who am I to shatter your dreams of sitting on a monitor whilst explaining to people on Grindr that it's "Gamen, not GayMen".

Comment

Precisely, QC.

Comment

Working...
                        X