Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice

Plans are now afoot over at the WB to create a sequel/relaunch for Beetlejuice with a new film which would revive the character in a film that follows on from the events of the original Tim Burton film.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 02-02-2024, 07:23.

No Keaton, No go IMO. He was the one who made the movie for me as a kid, everyone else I couldnt care less about.

Comment

No.

(word count limit)

Comment

Hard to really see this being any good. Would Keaton be up for playing this? I imagine he wouldn't put the same energy into it now.

Beetlejuice was good because it was fun and inventive, made when Burton was at his prime. The nature of sequels means that it's pretty hard to make those as inventive.

Comment

i remember kevin smith saying many years ago they were thinking about a sequel called beetle juice goes haiwaiin

Comment

My heart genuinely sank when I saw this thread title, it just wouldn't work, would it?

Comment

No... No... No... The original is just untouchable!! Dead... Dead... Deadski!

Comment

Keaton is a badass. That is all, not really interested in them bringing this out, especially without him.

Comment

I keep meaning to get some of Keaton's early films, haven't seen them for ages.

Comment

Micheal Keaton has still got it, he was great in The Other Guys.

Dont see why he wouldnt come back for this.

Comment

Must mentally block all these re-makes attempting to destroy my fond memories!!

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
                        No Keaton, No go IMO. He was the one who made the movie for me as a kid, everyone else I couldnt care less about.
                        Spot on, Keaton should have won an Oscar for his performance in that film. That said this is one film where a sequel is not needed at all. Leave the classic alone

Comment

I don't worry about remakes, as I learnt to accept that most of them will be really bad. It makes me cherish the originals even more.

It'll probably be some CGI fest with a very irritating actor playing Beetlejuice. I have zero faith in Hollywood to do things right. Of course.. miracles happen, so there is always a bit of hope.

Comment

I guess Jim carrey could do it?

Though he is getting a bit less manic in his old age.

Comment

No.
                              Please.
                              No.

Comment

Working...
                              X